1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
awsome job ;-) nicky ;-) ;-)

·
Registered
971 Posts
That was a great race! Nicky showed that he can hang with the top boys. I don't like Biatchi, but he has been pushing hard all year, and he deserved that win.

I am still a big Rossi fan, and I hope that he wins the championship. Even though I love Honda, you have to appreciate what Rossi did this year, and how well he is doing it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How about the highsides by Melandri & Abe? That was crazy! I can't believe they only had minor injuries as bad as it looked.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Sete Sete Sete :bitchslap:

I was hoping Barros would get by Max, but Max rode one hell of a race. Too bad Edwards has been a bust again this season.....maybe he'll be riding a Ducati in the World SuperDucati Bike series next year..... he has been a major disappointment in MotoGP

C

·
0 Posts
Nicky made a nice push to the front after falling back all the way to 12. Cant say enough about how many positions he made up and how hard he was riding. Nice to see him hold off his old mentor Rossi at the end there too. Two straight podiums, but if not for Sete's mistake, I think Nicky would've missed the podium.

Biaggi rode great. Held the lead for a while and stayed composed after Rossi passed him late and opened up a small gap to take the lead back for good.

I thought Rossi would take the race down after he passed Biaggi and opened up some space. Tire problems were quite evident, but I guess when you ride as hard as he was, those things sometimes happen.

Did you guys notice the new exhausts on Barros' and I believe Biaggi had it too (not Hayden though)?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigTuna said:

I was hoping Barros would get by Max, but Max rode one hell of a race. Too bad Edwards has been a bust again this season.....maybe he'll be riding a Ducati in the World SuperDucati Bike series next year..... he has been a major disappointment in MotoGP
Edwards is ranked 5th overall with 75 points, Hayden has 70 points. I think Edwards is doing good, he just needs to get back into the grove.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How about the highsides by Melandri & Abe? That was crazy! I can't believe they only had minor injuries as bad as it looked.
yea that was crazy, lookin friggin rough.

I must say i like biaggi, despite all the whining and picking on him he's a damn good rider. i wish his teammate Tamada had done better though...

Sete HAS to be pissed, 2 races crashing out =(

Did you guys notice the new exhausts on Barros' and I believe Biaggi had it too (not Hayden though)?
yea they said it was to get a little smoother power curve, Barros got it cause he's #1 guy while hayden didn't =(.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
BigTuna said:

Edwards is ranked 5th overall with 75 points, Hayden has 70 points. I think Edwards is doing good, he just needs to get back into the grove.
He is 5th in points which is nearly 70 points behind Rossi. he hasn't got on the podium once in two years in GP..... he better get his groove soon or he won't be around much longer.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Colin Edwards

BigTuna said:
He is 5th in points which is nearly 70 points behind Rossi. he hasn't got on the podium once in two years in GP..... he better get his groove soon or he won't be around much longer.
Yeah, although he's been consistent this year, he's still makin a rough time of it, much the same as my man Troy Bayliss. (except Troy has'nt even had consistency on his side this year) Ive got a feeling that they both might be looking for other jobs at the end of the season :roll:

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's great to see Nicky running for the podium spots finally. He just needs to get used to everything and get some confidence. A Honda sweep was sweet. Oh, someone mentioned the new Honda exhaust......Barros was the only one with the new setup. Said he gained some low end but lost a little bit on the top. Seemed liked them are going in the right direction with it........Rossi in 4th makes me happy. Great race, it seemed as if everyone was getting hit by the tire grip bug and crashing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Edward's record tells us how much more competitive MotoGP is compared to Superbike. Hayden is doing better than I expected and rightly deserved to the win Rookie of the year last year. Barros and Hayden did a great job catching up with Biaggi, and I was hoping Barros would pass Biaggi.

Regarding the exhaust, given that it is not race proven, I think HRC did the right thing by giving just one rider the new exhaust. What if it had failed? They did the same thing when they went from the little can (on the exhaust on the side) to the cone shaped exhaust last year. Gibernau had it and Rossi did not - Gibernaus won the race and Rossi had it for the next race. During that first race, Rossi chose not to have it because it was "too loud" go figure...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Go Hayden! What is most reassuring is that he keeps improving race after race. Slowly and steadily he is getting better and better. I look forward to the day he is on the center podium!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts