Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not impressed with motomummy, they sell good products but they will not ship to an address that i requested. ive dealt with sportbiketrackgear.com and motorcyclesuperstore.com and these guys ship fast and also had no problems with my request to have item shipped to different address

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
not impressed with motomummy, they sell good products but they will not ship to an address that i requested. ive dealt with sportbiketrackgear.com and motorcyclesuperstore.com and these guys ship fast and also had no problems with my request to have item shipped to different address
yea, because i guess its bad business practice to ship an item to an address thats not entirely related to the payment source

read: thats a damn good pointer to alert a shop to a fraudulent card.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
actually...I understand motomummy policy and it's a good one. However, I'm sure the OP wants the part sent to an American address. Many of us have a po box just across the border. Lots of companies offer this service along the border. +1 to save on duty and international shipping if you can, so I understand the OP's disappointment.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the other stores that i have dealt with totally agree with me about saving duty and paying customs. plus it saves me a **** load in shipping charges since its cheap to ship with in the u.s. i would of given any proof they wanted to show that it was legit. instead they cancel my order. NEVER GONNA BUY FROM THEM! and im gonna tell all my fellow canadian riders about motomummy.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh btw i have two shipping addresses on paypal. the reason was that they wanted to ship to the card holder address. but both addresses are on my paypal account

·
Registered
460 Posts
Or you could've just picked up the phone and called them?

I know it's primitive now since we all order online but it probably would've worked out much easier if you would have simply spoken to a real person about the situation.

They might have felt more comfortable taking payment and shipping to you that way too.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what do u think i did when they cancelled the order. even talking to them over the phone solved nothing. it just bugs me cuz two other major online stores have no problem what so ever. what business would not ship a product to a customers requested address. anyway im done saying what i have to say about motomummy they are not worth any more of my time.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
what do u think i did when they cancelled the order. even talking to them over the phone solved nothing. it just bugs me cuz two other major online stores have no problem what so ever. what business would not ship a product to a customers requested address. anyway im done saying what i have to say about motomummy they are not worth any more of my time.
a business that wants to save their skin from getting raped by a fraudulent transaction...

im not saying you are, but im saying thats the reality of what shipping to an alternate address over than that listed on the card can turn into.

how the heck do you think people steal credit cards, run up thousands of dollars worth of goods, and get away with it?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
58 cycle does the same thing. don't bash some one for clearly stated policies. if you don't like it don't use them easy day. at the end of the day the protecting themselves, maybe you should find a Canadian company. or if there isnt one, start your own then none of you Canadians would have to worry about having to ship over intl borders.

it really f*cked me when 58 cycle did this to me when i had just gotten back from iraq and had my billing address as my parents address who live in nor cal and i live in so cal. but it took all of 10 min on the phone with the bank to fix. woah heres an idea, set up a credit card and have your po box on the USA side be the billing address

·
Registered
460 Posts
but it took all of 10 min on the phone with the bank to fix. woah heres an idea, set up a credit card and have your po box on the USA side be the billing address
Crazy that there are smart people out there like you and I isn't it? Maybe the op'er will figure that out before he bashes another company in the states.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I'll tell you one thing I'll never do again: Send to APO, FPO addresses.

You can't get confirmation worth shiet (even if you pay for it) and the military has their own shipping rules. Screw that!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
wow your 4th post on this forum about this. AFter all this you really expect us to cater to you?

You left out some details.
1. you live in canada
2. you want it shipped to america
3. the billing/shipping names don't match
4. the paypal name on the account is a completely other name then the billing/shipping name.

You're right and i've told you it many times just as others in this thread are, it's a security issue. We protect ourselves and our customers by having certain policies.

The way you have handled this after our decision to decline your order did nothing but validate our policy.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
\
but it took all of 10 min on the phone with the bank to fix. woah heres an idea, set up a credit card and have your po box on the USA side be the billing address
military members we have special policies for and procedures designed. I was military myself :) One other thing though is that most people understand why a business does what it does and work with them to find a solution for both parties.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I'll tell you one thing I'll never do again: Send to APO, FPO addresses.

You can't get confirmation worth shiet (even if you pay for it) and the military has their own shipping rules. Screw that!
yea eff that non sense, not to mention how much longer it takes to get anything on base. glad i live out in town

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
wow your 4th post on this forum about this. AFter all this you really expect us to cater to you?

1. you live in canada
4. the paypal name on the account is a completely other name then the billing/shipping name.

You're right and i've told you it many times just as others in this thread are, it's a security issue. We protect ourselves and our customers by having certain policies.

The way you have handled this after our decision to decline your order did nothing but validate our policy.
OP GROW UP... there not going to change there obviously stated policies that they put in place to save there skin to cater to your unreason request when the names were different along with the addresses

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

1. you live in canada

ROFL ... so basically, NOTHING matched? and he wants to know why your stoping him from placing an order?

Lemme guess, it was for every thing including the kitchen sink right? :)

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Too many red flags as motomummy states the case .... particularly if customer was irate.

screwball ship to + non match of payee and ship to names and addresses......

And end result...going to a int dest. ?
= NO GO.

( just had a cc ripped of by some midwest tweaker).

caught by cc co. auto fraud program.

good policy motomummy.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
wow repsol ur a douche. i have confirmed addresses on paypal. how could it possibly be fake. next time read all my posts, cuz i mentioned that earlier. and motomummy the only reason i posted this is cuz i tried on other threads here to help convince you and u just ingnored a couple of my posts, so here i am

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.