Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some brake lines 2 weeks go from motomummy. I asked him for an update before 3 days after i ordered them.

He said
motomummy said:
You just ordered them a few days ago. It states in the product description they are custom ordered brake lines. All colored brake lines are custom built by all manufacturers even as there are too many color combinations to stock 300 sets of lines for every model bike just so you have one color combination for every bike. We would be sitting on 20,000 lines. Spiegler builds them as they are ordered. WE normally get them in 1 through 1.5 weeks and then you get them 2 days after. Thank you.

Corey
MotoMummy Staff

Now 2 weeks later after multiple questions on an update. I have yet to be responded to. When i ordered them i knew they were custom but would have been nice if i known they take 1.5 weeks to get/make i would have planned my rebuild times better. Now having to fix my headlights qnd send my seats into seat skins i am waiting for these lines... And have no news when ill get them. I feel strung along on this order. Me and him talked about which lines to order for a few weeks now i feel ignored.

Im probly to recive my lines now after an associate takes a dump on them but im curious to know if people have had this happen from any other venders or this one.

Btw i chose everything black for my lines nothing special should not take this long.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
237 Posts
Keep in mind, boston events have slowed down postal and all deliveries. However, nothing really seems out of the ordinary. You have to remember that they kinda are the middle man of the purchase. Maybe something happened at the manufacturers?

I just ordered a pair of TCX SR-1's from Jason @ STG and my order still hasnt shipped to me because they havent received the boots yet. Just how it goes man. Be patient! :thumbup:

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
Wow, a whole thread dedicated to your inability to be patient with a custom order? Relax princess, I'm sure at least part of the planet revolves around you specifically.

i kid

·
Registered
121 Posts
Maybe you were just being a ****. I ordered ASV levers and some other items from Motomummy a bit ago. ASV's were delayed about 5 weeks and Corey was nothing but informative and helpful with my questions. He always replied within 24 hours. Please keep your first world problems to yourself. Motomummy is a great vendor and any delay is most likely not on them.

In other news, I hate how long it takes my tap water to heat up.... 30 seconds and it's just luke warm? What kinda backwards ass country is this?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ordered a set of ASV levers from MM back in March, it took almost a month to receive because we were waiting on the colour adjusters I wanted from ASV. Corey was very easy to deal with and always replied in a timely fashion. **** happens, jut gotta be patient. I'm sure you have more important things to do than sit around and wait for parts.

And lol on the first world problems comment. So true!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I ordered some brake lines 2 weeks go from motomummy. I asked him for an update before 3 days after i ordered them.

He said

Now 2 weeks later after multiple questions on an update. I have yet to be responded to. When i ordered them i knew they were custom but would have been nice if i known they take 1.5 weeks to get/make i would have planned my rebuild times better. Now having to fix my headlights qnd send my seats into seat skins i am waiting for these lines... And have no news when ill get them. I feel strung along on this order. Me and him talked about which lines to order for a few weeks now i feel ignored.

Im probly to recive my lines now after an associate takes a dump on them but im curious to know if people have had this happen from any other venders or this one.

Btw i chose everything black for my lines nothing special should not take this long.

chill.. custom stuff takes longer, that's just how it is
Keep in mind, boston events have slowed down postal and all deliveries. However, nothing really seems out of the ordinary. You have to remember that they kinda are the middle man of the purchase. Maybe something happened at the manufacturers?

I just ordered a pair of TCX SR-1's from Jason @ STG and my order still hasnt shipped to me because they havent received the boots yet. Just how it goes man. Be patient! :thumbup:
false
There's nothing wrong with MM and their service.
If they're made to order then it's going to take some time, be patient.

I ordered some 1CarbonTech panels and they took about 5/6 weeks to come in, as they are made to order as well.

Patience is key.
I ordered directly from 1carbontech and it still took over 2 weeks.. Their stuff is sweet!
I ordered a set of ASV levers from MM back in March, it took almost a month to receive because we were waiting on the colour adjusters I wanted from ASV. Corey was very easy to deal with and always replied in a timely fashion. **** happens, jut gotta be patient. I'm sure you have more important things to do than sit around and wait for parts.

And lol on the first world problems comment. So true!
Nothing but good to say about Corey and his company! I'll probably continue to buy stuff from him if I ever buy a different bike :thumbup:

·
BOTM Winner 07/13
69 Posts
I ordered spiegler brake lines from stg and had to wait about a week as well. Every line no matter what color has to be build by spiegler first.
I have nothing but good things to say about motomummy. I ordered a sprocket kit from them and received a steel rear instead of the aluminum I ordered. Contacted them and they sent me the right one after I sent the wrong one back. They even payed my shipping.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just saying its been 2 weeks and iv been asking for an update since monday and no reply. Not trying to pick a fight. He never told me it took 1,5 weeks and i am almost having accidents riding around town since people brake check me to hell. Thats why im impatient.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
did you call?
^^this
Just saying its been 2 weeks and iv been asking for an update since monday and no reply. Not trying to pick a fight. He never told me it took 1,5 weeks and i am almost having accidents riding around town since people brake check me to hell. Thats why im impatient.

If people are brake checking you, perhaps you are following too closely, thus being your own fault

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah they are just really bad drivers waiting at the last second to turn. No turnsignals ect.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Nah they are just really bad drivers waiting at the last second to turn. No turnsignals ect.

If people are brake checking you, perhaps you are following too closely, thus being your own fault
:+1:
Brake lines aren't going to make you brake any faster. Might want to consider taking the MSF if you haven't yet and learn to ride a bit more defensive instead of relying on products.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I myself bought a TON of parts from Motomummy. In the website they clearly state:

"We stock nearly all of the products we sell. That isn't to say that at times we don't run out or have to order things in, but we are not a drop ship company. We ship 99.99% of all products out of our Austin, TX facility."

I ordered the wrong chain/sprockets and sent them back, but because the EK-3D chain wasn't in stock, I had to wait an extra week. I also ordered an Ohlins shock, and that took a week as well because Ohlins themselves just got the shocks in and had to set them up for my weight. I know you want your parts, but it is Spiegler holding up the line and not Motomummy.

Trust me, you will get your parts, just have some patience. Also, they may be getting to your e-mail, just haven't responded yet. Erin got back to me even though it wasn't the same day, but I realized that they were busy to provide me with an RMA number. No biggie, everything was settled accordingly, and I'm a happy customer.

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
If you are having trouble stopping, brake lines won't help (unless your current brakes are broken). On the street they will make a VERY TINY difference and only if you are riding hard.

·
Registered
509 Posts
My oem lines are expanding. Very spongie and there is no air in them.

How old are your lines. Lines expand under pressure regardless of their age. Of course older will expand more than others but s/s will old make so much of a difference. And from what most say a very minimal difference. By chance did you bleed all the bleeder valves? 2 on calipers and if newer model, one on the m/'c?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 35 Posts