Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a few bad reviews of our neighborhood vendors as of late and I figure I'll jump in and share a wonderful experience.

I've ordered a chain and sprocket kit from them in the past and had no issues at all. Very smooth and clear.

This time, I ordered a set of preload adjusters on the afternoon of 8th of January (almost end of business for Texas) and received the package on the 11th of January. Very fast.

It turns out that I received a set of block off plates, which I am by no means upset about. Mistakes happen every day.

I contacted Motomummy right away that evening and when I woke up I had an email from Erin giving me a return label and stating to shoot it back and they'll send out the preload adjusters once they receive it. Great customer service. Short, simple and a solution.

I take my time sending it back, because well, I just didn't make the time. I sent the package back on the following Friday, the 18th.

Once they received the block off plates, I got an email from Erin again stating they received them and have sent out the preload adjusters and included a tracking number for them. She replied to the same email chain so it was all nice and easy to follow. The little things make a big difference.

Overall, situations like this only make me want to go back more and more. When issues happen(and they always do), it sure is nice to know that there are vendors that take care of their customers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: FlipDiver79

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with Corey and his team at Motomummy. Just this week I ordered a set of Woodcraft frame sliders to replace the cheap ebay specials that the previous owner of my bike installed. A few days went by and my order was still "processing". I shot off an email to Motomummy seeing what was up, and they informed me that they were out of stock but they should get them sometime this week and send them out. Great service from them and I've ordered new tires, chain, sprockets and I think a few other things from them.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I don't think I've seen a bad review on Motomummy... and from my personal experience with them it's entirely deserved!

I ordered a bunch of bits and pieces from the quite some time ago, what I remember of the transaction is them contacting me to let me know that they were out of stock on the +2 sprocket and would I like to wait, or I could have the +1 sprocket instead (which I did)... being that I'm on the other side of the world it's a bit hard to talk in real time so that discussion took a couple of days.

All up the shipping time was around the two week mark, but I distinctly remember that it left motomummy on the same day I told them that +1 was fine, so they had the order for maybe 3 days at most.

Very easy to deal with, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Never had a bad experience with them. My first transaction was my chain and sprocket kit plus a few other bits of things. I ordered the RK red chain and it even 15 minutes after my order went in I got an email from Corey telling me that a lot of people have been sending the red RK back because they looked pink and if I wanted to get the red EK instead. Great customer service. Fast shipping. Ill definitely be shopping with them again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm with everyone else with nothing but good things to say about motomummy. I've purchased speedo drd, sprocket conversion, small accessories and also some preloaded adjusters from them. Shipping was faster than most and never had an issue of receiving wrong parts of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I spent a few thousand with Motomummy over the last two years and I've never been disappointed.

The only time my order took long is when I ordered the 1CarbonTech parts for my GSX-R as they are made to order.

The best prices around and great service all around.
:shakehand

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, motomummy does a standup job. I just wish these preload adjusters I got from them made it easy enough to change my preload by hand....lol. I have to strain to get it to spin even a little bit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
BOTM Winner 07/16
880 Posts
I think the bad reviews that you heard recently is probably due to the recent issue they had with USPS for orders that were shipped around the beginning of December 2012.

There were a number of orders including mine that were "lost" by USPS. Entirely not Motomummy's fault and they actually kept me informed of the progress and even offered to resend my order (~$600)

But luckily in the end USPS got their act together and found the container filled with Motomummy orders and all is well.

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Motomummy has been awesome everytime and actually Ive received my items in less than a week.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Good to hear, I just ordered a chain and sproket kit from them. I wish I had gotten a silver sproket but I'm not really all about looks and more about longevity.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
digdah: The only silver sprockets out there are bare alum which we won't sell as it's just too soft. The other option is bare steel and all of the superlight steel sprockets are designed to be "high end" so they are drilled to drop weight and then coated in black. If there were a good quality superlight steel out there in silver we would pick it up, but there just isn't right now.

Thanks for the comments guys. We give it our all every day and THANK YOU guys! Without you guys we wouldn't be where we are today.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Crazy enough not one person from that batch posted anything. We were hoping they wouldn't and we have dozens and dozens of hours logged dealing with USPS on that. Most were to Australia/New Zealand and there were a lot of packages. Sad thing? Over 1,000 packages were in that container that was put away thinking it was empty. It was early Dec so I bet 98% of those were Christmas presents :( Glad they finally came through and we did our best to update you guys. Thank you for your patience :shakehand

I think the bad reviews that you heard recently is probably due to the recent issue they had with USPS for orders that were shipped around the beginning of December 2012.

There were a number of orders including mine that were "lost" by USPS. Entirely not Motomummy's fault and they actually kept me informed of the progress and even offered to resend my order (~$600)

But luckily in the end USPS got their act together and found the container filled with Motomummy orders and all is well.

·
BOTM Winner 07/16
880 Posts
Crazy enough not one person from that batch posted anything. We were hoping they wouldn't and we have dozens and dozens of hours logged dealing with USPS on that. Most were to Australia/New Zealand and there were a lot of packages. Sad thing? Over 1,000 packages were in that container that was put away thinking it was empty. It was early Dec so I bet 98% of those were Christmas presents :( Glad they finally came through and we did our best to update you guys. Thank you for your patience :shakehand
Oh btw, the rearsets have arrived and installed.

And let me say I'm glad I stuck with it; the build quality of the Sato rearsets is just out of this world. They are very nice.
Sits a bit higher than the Vortex which is perfect.

The Vortex was much easier to install tho (less parts and left and right were separated nicely)

Again thanks for the patience and I'm sure it must have been very frustrating for you guys dealing with USPS.

Now I need to order more parts...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Lol, I remember ordering some kit from you guys last year and the day after you posted it, a fringing cyclone hit the US...

I will let ppl know in advance before I order again, that way you can put out a nationwide alert or something or at the very least stock up on food/water/etc.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts