Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been looking around finding the best chain and sprocket set to go with and everyone keeps recommending Motomummy so I checked them out and like what I see, went to look where they are located... 3 miles from my home! I thought it was cool and wanted to share :D

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I believe I got my complete drive system kit (front/rear sprocket and chain) from MM, not sure how they got to be *the* people for that but they kinda are.

Let me recommend a steel rear sprocket, a little too easy to shear an aluminum rear into pieces unless you're getting free or sponsored replacements.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe I got my complete drive system kit (front/rear sprocket and chain) from MM, not sure how they got to be *the* people for that but they kinda are.

Let me recommend a steel rear sprocket, a little too easy to shear an aluminum rear into pieces unless you're getting free or sponsored replacements.
I appreciate the recommendation that was the plan all along to run with the steel sprocket glad to see yet another positive review of their parts thanks for the reply!!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I too bought my chain and sprocket kit from MM...no complaints.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Driven 520 -1,+2 kit from him as well, he's actually using my pic haha, are you planning on doing the 520 conversion? or sticking with oem teeth size?
I knew that pic looked familiar haha killer picture! And yes I was going to get the 520 kit stock sprocket sizes

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

We store more sprockets/chains then any other dealer i'm aware of by a large margin. So on average our shipping times are better and we are pretty tech savvy in that area due to how much we deal with chains kits :banger:

Thanks for the good comments guys. If you want us to set you up with a good kit just stop on in the shop. We keep most all in stock all the time.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Hey! Did you sign up at the meetup site yet? We should hookup on the TXSR Facebook group also.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We store more sprockets/chains then any other dealer i'm aware of by a large margin. So on average our shipping times are better and we are pretty tech savvy in that area due to how much we deal with chains kits :banger:

Thanks for the good comments guys. If you want us to set you up with a good kit just stop on in the shop. We keep most all in stock all the time.
I'll be there very very soon :)

·
BOTM Winner 09/14
1,927 Posts
I have recently been looking around finding the best chain and sprocket set to go with and everyone keeps recommending Motomummy so I checked them out and like what I see, went to look where they are located... 3 miles from my home! I thought it was cool and wanted to share :D

You must be north Austin lol (RR maybe?)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i bought some brake fluid and tygon tubing a couple days ago. had it this afternoon with plenty of time left to hit the track monday

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I bought my 520 chain and sprocket from MM. I think I ordered or got the wrong chain & rear sprocket somehow and Corey switched it out without any problem.

The chain has been good, just follow the clean/lubrication from the manufacturer and you should be good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts