Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey wats up guys.... well i dont no if this is a stupid question but i was wondering on wat motors would fit on my 2003 cbr600rr frame
because the motor i have now is starting to bluid up alot of miles n i really wanna keep my bike
p.s i dont no if this is the rite section for this n if im rong im sorry

D

·
0 Posts
Performing regular maintenance on your current engine will be a whole lot cheaper than buying a new engine, then having to go through the same ordeal all over again.

But, 03-06 engines will fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have been takin the care of the motor i have now ..... but i was wondering for a future references because i wanna keep my frame wen the motor does go

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
How many miles is a lot? Thesethings are good for 100,000 miles or better if cared for

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im just about at 26000 n i put 6000 of those miles on ...so wen it was in my hands i did regular oil changes n tune ups but i dont how the other people that own the bike treated the bike

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Like others have said.... as long as you maintain it, it'll last probably longer than you'll keep the bike. 26,000 is nothing!

Mine just turned 178,000 today, FWIW, and it's never given me a single problem. Had it since it had 3 miles on it. Don't think you'll have anything to worry about :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like others have said.... as long as you maintain it, it'll last probably longer than you'll keep the bike. 26,000 is nothing!

Mine just turned 178,000 today, FWIW, and it's never given me a single problem. Had it since it had 3 miles on it. Don't think you'll have anything to worry about :thumbup:
holy s*** thats a lot of miles .... wat do u do to maintain it?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
holy s*** thats a lot of miles .... wat do u do to maintain it?
Pretty much just follow the maintenance schedule and you'll never have anything to worry about. First and foremost change the oil regularly with a good oil and filter. I change mine every 5000 with Mobil 1 full syn and a Purolator PureOne filter. Check the valve lash every 15-20k and adjust them if needed, change the fork oil every 25-30k or so, I clean my air filter (BMC washable) every 10k. Change coolant every 25-30k or so (I usually do coolant, fork oil, and brake fluid once a year). Keep your chain CLEAN and LUBED, and of course adjusted properly and you'd be surprised how long those will last too. Really just basic stuff. Plus not totally ragging the crap out of it makes a big difference too. I also always let mine warm up some before every ride.... I never ride off on a stone cold engine, or sit and rev it cold, and always take it easy until it's up to full operating temp

That's about it... not really a whole lot to it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts