Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Past few days. Just got it out it out after being out away for few months. Fresh gas. Fresh oil change. Starts up fine. Rides fine. It Boggs randomly. Gone on the highway 80mph started to bog. Took the bike out on the highway for some quick pulls. Nothing happen then it starts to bog on a red light it's mostly random. If I give it a little rev you can feel it bog a bit but that as well happens randomly. Besides all that the bike does have a strong Oder coming from exhaust? Can smell it through the whole house with the garage open. Only mods I have is a hm quickshifter and akrapovic exhaust. Only 4K miles

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you accidentally put low octane gas (lower than 91) in it? My old GSXR had that problem when my buddy filled it with 85 octane.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Meh, I use low octane in all my bikes and have for 10 years and never had a bogging problem due to the fuel.

When my F4i had a random bogging problem just like yours, I suspected it was the ECU or TPS causing a lapse in spark or fuel delivery. Sold the bike before I got around to fixing it.

Could also be a venting problem in your gas tank but those are usually more predictable... usually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts