Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
his anyone used motorcycle.com to buy a bike cuz not 4 nothing buy the got some cheap ass bikes there and the shipping is not even that much so i ask my self can dis b real or is it bs so i just wanted to know if anyone got a bike from them thanx. help me out guys trying to get a bike a sap

·
30,000 pounds of bananas
918 Posts
Motorcycle.com owns the site and I work for motorcycle.com.

That being said. Usually if it seems to good to be true... generally it is. We have a classified section that is open to the public just like this site and many many others out there. know what you are getting yourself into. Don't send checks or money orders. Use something like paypal. know how to protect your money, just use common sense and dont let your emotions get the better of you becasue you are excited and think its a smoking deal.

Send me a link to the ad you are talking about and I will look into it for you.

Stew

·
Registered
195 Posts
its always best to see a bike in person before buying it. im sure they're cheap for a reason, but i'd rather scope out deals on craigslist and then go see them in person and evaluate accordingly if its a scam or not. look around for members here selling their bikes, other people around could tell you if the vendor is a good guy or if youre just gonna get "demented".

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
If I were to be in the market for a "used" bike, I would use Cycle Trader, which I have used in the past to buy and sell bike's. Craigslist seem's to be to shady for my taste, but, to each their own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motorcycle.com owns the site and I work for motorcycle.com.

That being said. Usually if it seems to good to be true... generally it is. We have a classified section that is open to the public just like this site and many many others out there. know what you are getting yourself into. Don't send checks or money orders. Use something like paypal. know how to protect your money, just use common sense and dont let your emotions get the better of you becasue you are excited and think its a smoking deal.

Send me a link to the ad you are talking about and I will look into it for you.

Stew
http://www.motorcycle.com/classifieds/yamaha/2004-yamaha-yzf-MC0904100046B.html

there is the link to wat the guy emailed me he said he is in the uk and the bike is in long I. ny so idont know i mean if its tru i can go see it cuz i live in ny so yea and thanxs guys i do like to see my self as well but who knows rite

·
Registered
962 Posts
It says its in Texas right in the add... im calling shenanigans! If only bikes went for that cheap. Whenever they say that they are in UK i call bullocks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
That bike has scam written all over it. $2,500 for a clean 2004 R1? And his email probably said something about how he is in the UK for business or some **** and that the bike is in some warehouse and ready to be shipped he just needs you to send him the money and he'll ship the bike in a few weeks.

IMO, NEVER buy a bike without being able to at least look at it first. And for the love of god don't try to buy that bike.

In fact, I say we barrage the ******* with emails.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i know im not that slow but if it is tur i can see it cuz he sais the bike is in ny and i live in ny so if it is tru i wont send no money i asked him to let me go see it im just waiting on the email back:icon_lol:

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
yea i know im not that slow but if it is tur i can see it cuz he sais the bike is in ny and i live in ny so if it is tru i wont send no money i asked him to let me go see it im just waiting on the email back:icon_lol:

The location says Texas and why bother??? it's NOT LEGIT!! NOBODY is gonna give you a mint 04 R1 for $2500 when the bike is bringing $7K !! seriously dude...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts