Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i sold my 929. cause i felt it was over kill. rode it for a few years and had a blast. originally decided to rock the F4i for a while then find a 07ish 600rr to replace that.

well.... here starts the dilemma...

i took a buddies 09 1000rr for a rip after ive been happily riding the 600..... "there is no replacement for displacement" as the muscle car guys say.

now i cant decide to go to an 09ish 1000rr or an 07 ish 600rr. i dont like the new 600rr's the side panels IMO look like crap. with the 09 1000 i could still find a leftover or dealer demo and have a new bike for a good price.

i also plan on still hitting up a few track days once in a while..

damn decisions!!!!

OR

try to find a 600rr thats track ready with a street title and make a custom...

toss out your ideas opinions etc...

non honda ideas will most likely be ignored..... :retard:
:banghead:

·
Registered
88 Posts
What are your views as pro cons from the 600rr vs the 1000rr you drove. I am about to make my 09 600 track only and buy a 1000rr but would like someones advice who has driven both. 1000rr would be street only for a few years

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
I loved my 600rr!! i miss it! Never tried the 1K RR, cuz some dumbas$ on here told me it was too much bike for me. I love my 848 tho, so i'm interested to hear what you think if you drop the pennies and track it. let us know!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as for street on the 09 1K. i literally got off the bike and said it was like my 600 (the rr i raced) only with turbo boost LoL.very light and nimble with tonnes of power.

another part of the problem is im not sure if i wack out 9-14G on a 1000 if i would want to put it on the track LoL

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree I would definately buy a 1000rr for the power but for the power throughout the powerband and a bigger bike rather than my 600 where it loves to be wound out alot like a track bike. How was the power delivery? Smooth and manageable?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree I would definately buy a 1000rr for the power but for the power throughout the powerband and a bigger bike rather than my 600 where it loves to be wound out alot like a track bike. How was the power delivery? Smooth and manageable?

it was extremely smooth, between my 01 929 and the 09 1000, the trigger finger feel was gone. it accelerated when you wanted it to and as fast as you wanted to. it wanted to wheelie although i didnt let it as im not a fan of toying around on someone else machine,

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
The new 1000's are known for burning oil right out of the crate.

I did see a brand new 08 1000rr at a dealer here in Kanata selling for 10,500 , but that was during the winter and it is gone now... What a deal though!!!

I say get an 07-08 600rr

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The new 1000's are known for burning oil right out of the crate.

I did see a brand new 08 1000rr at a dealer here in Kanata selling for 10,500 , but that was during the winter and it is gone now... What a deal though!!!

I say get an 07-08 600rr
the 07-08 600rr is pushed up the list right now, but im pretty sure im gonna always be missing that snap of the 1K..

i was just at the dealer in kanata on saturday. the one in the "circle of death" HAHA.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I'd go for the newer 1kRR hands down...

I've ridden one and it was badass. if you want power combined with nimble handling and lightweight, cant go wrong with the 1kRR. Not dissing the 600 by any means because its a great bike, but if you have the F4i already why not get the Fireblade. Just my 2c.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
09+ 1000RR's have the bad piston rings fixed. That was a big problem with the 08's. I'd say man up and track the 1000. The mid range on them lets them keep up with a S1000RR on technical circuits.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
09+ 1000RR's have the bad piston rings fixed. That was a big problem with the 08's.
True, which is why my '08 is someone else's problem now. I still love the 600RR on the track. I did a dozen or so track days on the 1KRR and it was definitely a good time but this year on the 600 is more technical fun for me. I love a bigger bike on the street though.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
To me investing 9 to 11 K in a 1KRR to track it is a huge gamble the insurance bill alone will wack your pockets month in month out unless money ain't no object

Get a 600RR track ready bike that will leave you some play money for track days , tires , bike track upgrades such as suspension etc etc and will put more smiles on your face
while passing them 1K on the inside during track events

·
Registered
216 Posts
I totally agree with TheX, a big bike on the streets is fun, but a 600 all around is good on the track and streets. I know people bash Gixxers on this forum but I really wish Honda made something more in the middle. The 750 surprisingly has a lot more midrange power but yet super nimble, to bad they don't have Hondas legendary reliability or I would be riding one right now. To each there own.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts