Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was contacted today by a company called Planet Insurance and started talking rates and everything with them. I noticed that they were a bit pushy since this was the third day in a row they wanted to talk about the insurance...I finally gave them the time of day to talk. After I hung up I decided to look Online for them and Noticed that Planet Insurance is in the UK :dontknow: Does anyone know anything about them....can I even get insurance from them if they aren't in the US?...I don't even know how they got my work phone number.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Btw they wanted $401 down with a $177 a month payment for full coverage 1000 deductable. This also covers uninsured motorists.

So $2,525 for a year which is better than the 3,800 Progressive is trying to rape me for.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I never heard of them.

Have you called your local insurance agent yet? Like State Farm and Allstate I had them both and had really good rates... I did get a quote from progressive and they were really high..

·
Registered
103 Posts
They're calling you asking for your info and money? I'd pass. It MIGHT not be a scam, but I wouldn't go for it. Also, how reliable can they really be if you had to make a claim and they're based in the UK? I wouldn't mess with it personally. Call around to every other company you can think of before you do anything with them. My $0.02

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i had to search real hard to find my guys, dig deep man, hell email the state insurance license people and ask em.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
There's Planet Insurance Agency in California only. There's 3 locations in Pasadena, 1 in City of Commerce, 1 in Cudahy, and 1 in Los Angeles. I think it's an agency where they find the cheapest insurance that best suits you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hands down cheapest is State Farm. I have full coverage through them for my 03 600rr with minimum deductables, only $540 for the year. Bad part is you have to have a car insured through them.....

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
WellDawg08 said:
Hands down cheapest is State Farm. I have full coverage through them for my 03 600rr with minimum deductables, only $540 for the year. Bad part is you have to have a car insured through them.....
+1 State farm is the best and cheapest that I found with a vehicle of course.
$25 a month for full coverage +2 trucks and renters insurance.

·
19,904 Posts
State Farm didnt want to rape me, they wanted to GangBang my ass.
Screw em, i don teven check em for quotes anymore.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...I don't know why I didn't think of State farm...my car is already insured with them...I'll talk with them Tomorrow during lunch...heh..gonna have a busy lunch.

Snikwad I'm also gonna check your guy out. I'll check him first

·
Registered
259 Posts
State Farm was by far the most expensive for me. Like 1900/ yr. I have a standing quote from Progressive for 115/ mo. that was the cheapest i could find. I have an accident that was > 10k payout, and 1 speeding ticket from 2.9 years ago. Def. shop around, and save yourself some cash.

·
19,904 Posts
TippinRR said:
ya your gonna be happy when you learn it's only gonna be 70 bucks a month (if that) with state farm!!
i bet he wont get anything close to that.
ill bet you a dollar + paypal fees bro.
what u got on that. lol.

·
19,904 Posts
i got 2 speeding tix, a suspension form one of them, a reckless, and a at fault accident with a $3500 payout.

no one will take less than $2400 from me for full coverage on my bike. and i think that was before the reckless posted too.
Liablity and comprehensive all day on my 07 when i get back.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
It really all comes down to your zip code. My buddies live in Northeat Philly and they swear by State Farm They also have their cars and some even have their homes with State Farm. In my zip code (19148) you get raped with a cactus for insurance. Paying 1500 a year for full coverage (Allstate was the cheapest I could find) while my buddies who live just 15 miles away pay 500 a year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts