Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many cultures in the world, past and present, attribute personalities to their tools and weapons. For instance, the ancient Vikings held the belief that their weapons have a dwelling animal spirit. Similarly, many native Americans invoke totem spirits to protect them in battle. The Chinese believe that their ancestors watch over them, and the Japanese believe that their weapons have spirits that guided them to their mark.

While some of you may or may not take stock in such beliefs, I believe that my two accidents could have been avoided if I wasn't so "over confident" of my ability. Sometimes, one forgets their mortality. Perhaps then, if you take a moment before getting on your motorcycle to reflect on the task at hand, we'll all be a little safer. So I wrote this motorcycle invocation for myself...you may or may not like it or use it, but while you are putting on your helmet and gear, it may just save your life if you took a second to reflect or ponder the tremendous task at hand.

Motorcycle Invocation

Tread surely thy feet,
Ever true to thy line;
Keep steady thy movents,
Respond swiftly to mine.
Draw notice from all,
Except those that mean ill;
Carry me to safety,
Or do nought but God's will.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think you may have hit your head alittle harder than you thought.

Oh, I'm sorry. You're from LA. Nevermind.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Let's do a Lord of the Rings meets Torque story :D That invocation would sound great coming out of Legolas before he chased down some white trash on Harleys :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts