Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i always hear about ppl wanting intake, full exhaust, PC3, smaller battery, -1, +2, and the velocity stacks...so at the end of the day u shaved 8lbs and gained 6whp..the thing is though that it costs almost 2g's to get this all accomplished...yeah the bike is slightly faster but is it worth it...do u feel it...can u really outrun someone...i am not the highway master nor do i want to be but a friend and i put this whole theory to the test...even worse is i had an F4i and he had an 04r6...both with slip-ons and nothing else...we did a roll on from 2nd at around 30mph...i gave him the option to go 1st...so pretty much i went once i heard him give throttle...it only took till the end of 2nd for me to catch him then pass him in 3rd and by 4th i was about 20ft ahead of him...mind u we never went faster then the speed limit ( :icon_lol: )....we again tried this but starting at 60 and stopped at...well...more then i weigh...same thing...now the stats....i am 5'11 135...(yeah..i blame my parents)...he is 6'2 190....so i guess for the "jockeys" out there it is better to save the money cause its hard to lose 55lbs on a bike and that 6-8hp sure enough isnt going to make up for it...maybe i have it all wrong but just wanted to know from other bike jockeys if they can keep with heavier riders who have major mods when u have few to none...track riders exempt since rider experience play more of a roll then power and weight...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I mod because it is fun, makes the bike look better, sounds better and you do gain some hp and save some weight. I can feel the hp gain in my bike and the -1 +2 makes a big difference.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think u got that all wrong..my bike is pretty modded out...i have a slip-on only though...no intake and no pc3..i do have the v-stacks though...i like the sound of my can also..i like all the cosmetic mods to..even the ones that are performance related..brake lines and reservoir...this is more aimed at the ones who always say...so how much can i gain?....its like ppl think its a car and u can dbl the power..i think u know the type of ppl i a referring to...in a since..giving that two ppl have the same mods but weigh different then it will be in the lighter riders favor..so for the heavy ppl is it worth it or not? i guess in the a since yes...it does add more power but then again is it about that or the ego...thats the real ?....its the same thing as 600cc bikes out running mr.cool on his 1000cc bike on the track

·
Registered
646 Posts
yea. riding the bike is the only time i wish i was short and small.

i'm the same size as your friend 6'2" 190.

i have a smaller friend, and i've been tryin to teach him to ride so he can tear it up on the track :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now u get it...ppl tell me to track my bike all the time....guess i'm a bike jockey..lol...i do need to go out to the track at least once..i even though about getting a 08 250r just cause they are cheap and i will learn how to ride faster on the bike then something bigger..like someone once said..ride a slow bike fast and a fast bike faster..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts