Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good Motorcycle Mags to get subscriptions for? I thought I remembered one called Two or something like that but couldnt find it online.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
You could be thinking of the mag called Two Wheels Only (TWO), or Two Wheel Tuner. The first, not bad. The latter, is okay if your into stretched and slammed, chromed out Suzukis.
Some good mags are Fast Bikes, which is a Euro mag you can find at Barnes and Nobel. Sport Rider is one of my favorites, lots of good product reviews and editorials. Cycle World is okay, they cover all aspects of riding, cruisers, dirt, etc. Super Sportbike used to be alright 7-8 years ago, but now it's a last resort magazine. They have started to get away from the chromed out Busa's, but some of the reports are about as useful as a gun-shy hunting dog.
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Agreed

You could be thinking of the mag called Two Wheels Only (TWO), or Two Wheel Tuner. The first, not bad. The latter, is okay if your into stretched and slammed, chromed out Suzukis.
Some good mags are Fast Bikes, which is a Euro mag you can find at Barnes and Nobel. Sport Rider is one of my favorites, lots of good product reviews and editorials. Cycle World is okay, they cover all aspects of riding, cruisers, dirt, etc. Super Sportbike used to be alright 7-8 years ago, but now it's a last resort magazine. They have started to get away from the chromed out Busa's, but some of the reports are about as useful as a gun-shy hunting dog.
Hope that helps!
I'd have to agree w/ cbr6racr.

I get both Sport Rider and Super Streetbike. Sport Rider is more thorough in its research and is informative about up and coming bikes, and what is current @ tracks.

Super Streebike is just something nice to look at, and you might be able to fine a couple of interesting articles. Great for aftermarket products and ideas.

:cruising:

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Motorcyclist and Sport Rider are the same exact thing... I have been subscribed to both of these for the past 3 years (through a school fund raiser) They review the same bikes at the same time, it's like reading the same mag twice...
Now I just get Motorcyclist , since it has a little more variety on there and i like to read about different bikes not just sportbikes.

I am about to start subscribing to Road Racing World since alot of people on here say it's a good read

·
Registered
619 Posts
i like super streetbike as well. good info as far as product testing. DIY articles. nice amount of real riders bikes. not just all show bikes.hot girls and they also cover apparels like jackets, helmets. they really cover everything that related to bikes. the march issue really kicks ass.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Brit mags are way better than the dumbed down USA rags.

Much more about tuning, riding and how stuff works.

2 really good ones that i try to at least look thru every month.

Performance bikes..... perhaps the best (cool stuff on supermonos etc....).

Fast Bikes....more hooligan,nice tata's, wheelie advice.

And Bike Magazine is good for general education ( any mag w/Dan Walsh stories is pretty good).

If you get 1 sub. get Performance Bikes !

Have you seen the Isle Of Man vids?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I get motorcyclist, cycleworld, and sport rider
Tary is right though, the euro mags are way better then the US but it will make you jealous when you see what they get that we don't

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats a lot of great info. CBR6RACR hit it on the spot the mag I was thinking of is Two Wheels Only (TWO) Definitely gonna order quite a few of the mags you guys recommended. As Well As Streetfighter, Super Street Bikes, Performance Bikes, Fast Bikes, Sport Rider. I feel I can get a realy healthy amount of subscriptions probably more that I can read for 70-80 bucks a year.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Roadracing World, Cycle News, Sport Rider, Cycle World. I subscribe to all four so I never run out of motorcycle related things to read about at work.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
+1 for the Euro mags, it's too bad they're so bloody expensive ($10). Sport Rider is about the best your going to find in the states.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
+1 for the Euro mags, it's too bad they're so bloody expensive ($10). Sport Rider is about the best your going to find in the states.
I'd have to say Roadracing World is better.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I personally get Sport Rider, cause honestly I don't give a **** about the 1500 pound touring bikes that have ass massagers and cost as much as a honda civic.

If you JUST want to read about sportbikes, you'd do well to steer away from cycleworld and motorcyclist. There are so few motorcycle companies and motorcycle models that there is a tremendous overlap in what is covered. Case in point a month or two ago when the S1000RR was realased. It was on every friggin cover of every motorcycle magazine out there. It's a stellar bike, and deserves to be, but it highlights beautifully just how much over lap there is, and why I only get Sport Rider in the U.S.

Another +1 for the Euro (or rather, UK) magazines. Bike and Superbike are pretty great reads. They are expensive, but there is at least a little bit more content. Not saying this justifies paying twice as much, but a lot of the writing and articles are great.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
streetfighters, superbike, and fast bikes are the best mags out there.
What he said.

Fast Bikes is awesome (expensive, but still). They will actually tell you the good and the bad about the bikes. Not tell you that every single damn bike is just peachy like the American mags do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts