Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
You know what is weird, What happened to their other bike?
I think it's really strange that they start with something no one has ever thought of and make a working unit with incredible torque and now it's gone and working on electric now... Last I heard they spent all of the money on the first gen bikes....
Makes you wonder what happened to the bike and where the new funds are coming from.
http://www.strimoo.com/video/15830173/Motoczysz-C1-CTT-3-13-07-Youtube.html

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I think it's really strange that they start with something no one has ever thought of and make a working unit with incredible torque and now it's gone and working on electric now... Last I heard they spent all of the money on the first gen bikes....
Makes you wonder what happened to the bike and where the new funds are coming from.
T, that is exactly what I was wondering when I first looked at this

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Back when they were posting up updates on this site, I asked the guy what they were thinking trying to get a twin crankshaft motor to actually work, I even suggested that the linkage between the two cranks would be the problem. I guess they found out the expensive way.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Sounds fishy, you would think with the designers they had they would have know this in the design stages.. Didn't the engine guys work for Ducati?
Either way they have some very creative ways of looking at things and like the style. Props to czysz for his effort to changing the way bikes are created/designed.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
he definitely thinks outside the box isn't his other bike around 100K? i remember somebody posted a picture of themself and him on a track day and he was tracking a desmosidici...wish i could have a track whore that was 70 g's

·
Registered
146 Posts
Article in OP's link said:
“It has a custom-built 12.5 kilowatt-hour lithium polymer battery that can be swapped in seconds.”
Awesome, so when I’m out in the middle of nowhere, carving up some beautiful back country roads, all I have to do is pull over, pop out the battery, and swap in a… errr… hmmmmm… hello? Anybody got a custom-built 12.5kH lithium polymer battery I can borrow?

Oh, you meant the future of racing? Sure, EV’s are perfect for niche applications, like racing and track days. Just don’t go too far off the beaten track without an extension cord and a good book"
lol :crackup:

·
Registered
139 Posts
You would catch a lot of people by surprise as they expect a screaming high-rpm 4-banger engine, but would only get tire friction and wind noise!

Racing wouldn't be the same without the loud noise and smelly fuels/exhaust!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
You would catch a lot of people by surprise as they expect a screaming high-rpm 4-banger engine, but would only get tire friction and wind noise!

Racing wouldn't be the same without the loud noise and smelly fuels/exhaust!
Electric motors are hardly silent.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My understanding of the story is that while they were working on the motor, and already sunk a lot of money into it, MotoGP went to the 800cc format. Doable for the large factories, but having to change in mid-development, it killed the little startup effort. Czysz said something along the lines of "Instead of trying to play catch-up all the time, I want to trailblaze." So he went into a new field, electric motorcycles, and seems to be at the front of that field (for racing at least) at the moment.

Too bad he didn't name it the Ep1c. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
He is deff out of the box in the design area.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
My understanding of the story is that while they were working on the motor, and already sunk a lot of money into it, MotoGP went to the 800cc format. Doable for the large factories, but having to change in mid-development, it killed the little startup effort. Czysz said something along the lines of "Instead of trying to play catch-up all the time, I want to trailblaze." So he went into a new field, electric motorcycles, and seems to be at the front of that field (for racing at least) at the moment.

Too bad he didn't name it the Ep1c. :)
The strange part is the bike is not for sale like it used to be.. Was a lot of money but maybe should stick to a couple one off bikes instead of shooting to overthrow the top 5 manufacturers.... JMO T

·
Registered
139 Posts
Electric motors are hardly silent.
That is a broad statement. There are many types and sizes of electrical motors. If you can tell me for sure that the specific electric motors they use on those motorcycles are hardly silent, then you have a statement.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I thought we were going to be squiding it up on things like this in the future.

or at the very least this.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
While back I think few months ago I've seen a tv episode on the discovery channel they were working on a gp bike and it didn't work right. They ran out of money, I'm surprise to see they are working on something new rather than trying to make the gp bike to work right. The gp bike they were working on was bad ass.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here's a video of them dyno testing the electric motor. Sounds pretty loud to me.
http://www.motoczysz.com/videos/d1-10_dyno.html
That is pretty loud, but I'm not sure if it's dyno noise we're hearing or the motor. It might also have a gearbox connected to it as well, so the transmission would also make noise. That would sound pretty cool if the electric motorcycle sounded like that.

·
Registered
266 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts