Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be using a small Tacoma to take my bike down for TD's every once in a while and I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for any? I've seen some get very expensive and I'm sure they are worth it but I don't have the cash to spend $500 on a ramp. Saw a few for under $200 and some for under $100 so I figured I'd ask if anybody had any 1st hand experiences with them. I'm hoping to start to be able to do a TD every couple of months, in case usage comes into play. Oh, and if you can maybe post links to where you purchased from would be helpful.

Thanks
Cristian

·
Registered
435 Posts
I went on craigslist when I needed one to barrow. Some guy let me use his for free. Another person wanted me to buy him beer, but I was only 20 at that time lol.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about borrowing one local too, but I know a few track riders and might get on their trailer if I can. But I guess this is for the times I can't borrow. I could go on the local forum and see if someone wants to rent me one.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'de say Craigslist. I bought mine off there about 2 months ago. Not sure where Visalia is in CA but im just out of LA and i drove an hour to pick up a 1200lb rated, $500 folding ramp for a HELL OF A DEAL! San Bernadino, and San Gabriel Valley listings were full of ramps. Best of luck, they sell quick once posted!

D

·
0 Posts
Pick up two of the ones Harbor Freight sells. Our bikes are too lite to really have a risk of braking them, and having two makes it much easier to load and unload by yourself.

D

·
0 Posts
Are you talking about the folding one? I didn't think about that but I could
Yeah.

My dad and I only have one, but for the past 5 years it's been holding strong. I still want a second one, but he keeps insisting on just one...even though he's dropped his 1000RR off the ramp/truck a few times loading it by himself.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just remembered something, I forgot we have a tool ordering program from Harbor Freight and a few other tool brands at work. I might be able to get this through work. Thanks for the recommendations guys, I'll look through the catalog tomorrow and see if I can get one.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
I just have 3 bits of 2x4 sandwiched together so I have a plank thats 2x12, and in between each plank a strip of 2" flat bar (2 in total) then a bunch of big bolts to hold it all together. Been holding up strong for a couple of years now and only cost me around $25.
There is also a bit of angle iron at the top to it doesn't fall of the trailer.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Fair enough, I just tie mine down to the top of the trailer so space is no problem :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have 2 non folding aluminum ramps that were given to me by a friend as now he's got a nice trailer. Having 2 is a must, I had a heavy ass steel folding ramp and it was a POS, no traction and I had to back the truck up to the curb to get that extra foot so I could walk it up myself. I have a Frontier shortbed and they work great, and fit in the bed with the bed extender, which I have to have because the rear tire sits on the tailgate anyways.

These aren't what I have but it's really close.
http://www.literamps.com/arched_ramps.htm

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have 2 non folding aluminum ramps that were given to me by a friend as now he's got a nice trailer. Having 2 is a must, I had a heavy ass steel folding ramp and it was a POS, no traction and I had to back the truck up to the curb to get that extra foot so I could walk it up myself. I have a Frontier shortbed and they work great, and fit in the bed with the bed extender, which I have to have because the rear tire sits on the tailgate anyways.

These aren't what I have but it's really close.
http://www.literamps.com/arched_ramps.htm
Yeah, I think I am going to be searching for 2 ramps, preferably aluminum and foldable. Are you able to load by yourself with this set up? I know I can get a hand at the track but at home might be different.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah, I think I am going to be searching for 2 ramps, preferably aluminum and foldable. Are you able to load by yourself with this set up? I know I can get a hand at the track but at home might be different.
Yup, can totally get it up and on my own, hahah.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bike rack becomes very handy when it comes to transporting your bike, Im also in mode of finding one for my own use anybody knows where to buy that are fold able ramp that is light but durable?

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts