Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a good remote start/alarm for the 600rr. I feel weary of buying certain things under a certain price range (generally under $100), so I try to look into things a bit before I just buy.

I found this remote start/alarm on e-bay.

It's from a UK company and I have been talking back and forth with them about their product and they seem pretty legit.

I have looked locally but everyone is selling something similar for $300+ which seems kinda outrageous to me. I am gonna install it myself so I just need the equipment.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Now that i think of it, i think i should pick up a good alarm system. Investing in a good alarm is like investing in a good quality helmet...its money well spent.

plus not all bikes have an alarm system. so if you have one, and the theif knows it, then only a stupid theif would try and steal your bike instead of just finding another one without an alarm.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Any dealer will not install the remote start onto a bike due to liablility reasons. Or atleast thats what they all told me. Its because the, in gear no start action has to be bypassed to work. I disconnected mine because it kept draining my battery but to each their own.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Lojack systems are limited to. Most thiefs will take bikes and store them in storage buildings or warehouse (which are metal) and LoJack will not pick up in most of those conditions. It says it in the paperwork and knowledge. Thats why I sold mine. There is no point is paying for something that may not work.

You need to invest in a GOOD alarm, no a cheapo. I have installed a few on cars, some are a b*^&( and some are a piece of cake. It all depends. But the more known it is, usually easier. Scorpio has some plugin and pay kits were there is barely any wiring.

·
Registered
146 Posts
so like you want to be retarded and have a remote start for your bike?? alarm i can see, but remote start, are we this lazy??

·
Registered
396 Posts
i dunno why you would want a remote start for the bike. when i park the bike i always leave it in gear. what's the point of remote starting the thing if you have to be right next to it in order to get in neutral. well i guess you can leave it in neutral. not worth the trouble on a bike.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I wouldnt do a remote start. If you have a warranty, it'll be voided also (I believe). I dont think that safe. Same with a manual car with it. It takes away safety options,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Font Screenshot Software Electronic device Parallel

Just open and zoom in photo. I tried to scroll out for more info. This is quality, and cheap. I know it's an old thread but I may as well step in for any fresh Bikers looking to mod their baby :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
if you have a Hiss security mobiliser on your bike the start from remote wont work.
I had one one and honda sated you wont be able to disable the hiss amobiliser.

Take notice of the comments buy a good priced alarm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts