Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would recommend an alarm system like scorpio or gorilla. Those systems have rfid technology available too, plus an alarm and proximity and shock sensors with a backup battery. This system has no alarm, and only protects against thieves who pick ignition locks or hotwire. And since they say it's so easy to install (and it does look that way) I would have to assume that anyone familiar with motorcycle wiring would not have a hard time defeating it (looks like 3 wire splices). The easiest way and probably most common way to steal a bike is to pick it up and throw it in the back of a truck or van, and this system will not protect against that in the least. I would pass on this product.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
I would recommend an alarm system like scorpio or gorilla. Those systems have rfid technology available too, plus an alarm and proximity and shock sensors with a backup battery. This system has no alarm, and only protects against thieves who pick ignition locks or hotwire. And since they say it's so easy to install (and it does look that way) I would have to assume that anyone familiar with motorcycle wiring would not have a hard time defeating it (looks like 3 wire splices). The easiest way and probably most common way to steal a bike is to pick it up and throw it in the back of a truck or van, and this system will not protect against that in the least. I would pass on this product.

no alarm system will protect against that...

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
sure an alarm will, at least let you know and let you start tracking it. the cycle protect will because the minute your bike is moved you get an email and text message stating your bike is on the move and you can login online or follow your texts and it will give you gps coordinates or a google map overlay of the position of your bike as it's on the move. the minute it's on the move you can have the cops trailing them quickly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
With an alarm they would either have to disable it or draw attention to themselves, and most likely both. With this product they wouldn't have to consider either.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. However I am still unsure as to what is the best protection to have for my ride.

You guys made some great points though.........which I have noted.

·
Registered
502 Posts
+1 for the scorpio. mine shipped today from Biohazard (i900), hit em up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have RoadLok, Xena Disc alarm, and full coverage. I will soon have a Scorpio to replace the Xena.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My insurance company wont even insure the bike for theft without it having an alarm on it. The Guard Dawg one is not on their list of approved alarms. I'm gonna assume the insurance company has the list of approved ones as having real anti-theft impact based on statistics since they are paying if the bike gets stolen.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i was thinking about a alarm but fulll coverage from my insurence is worth it

·
Registered
533 Posts
ryebrd12, i plan on buying the i900 also but I'm a little hesitant about biohazard, seems a little backdoor-ish that they don't answer there phones and no "about us" page. what made you trust them to send 330ish? JCmotors has it for like 40 more, i was thinking them instead. thanks man

·
Registered
383 Posts
i have a Scorpio rlink alarm. It has GPS tacking and sends a text to your phn if your bike is tipped, battery is disconnected or someone gets too close. It also allows you to track your bike if it is stolen and while you are on rides...I paid about $470 shipped...let me know if interested and I will hook you up with the vendor

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just recently installed a autopage rs730 sumthing, I love it! remote start I added a tilt sensor, and the shock sensor is so sensitive i if you thump the seat it goes off and its very loud, not fool proof but on helluva deterrent!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Streetracer, I was considering thatrlink setup by scorpio however i was told that if I wire in a zoombak instead that it uses google earth as the gps tracking program and it has unlimited amount of times you can track your bike. negative side is that it costs 350 installed adn a small monthly fee :/

·
Registered
502 Posts
ryebrd12, i plan on buying the i900 also but I'm a little hesitant about biohazard, seems a little backdoor-ish that they don't answer there phones and no "about us" page. what made you trust them to send 330ish? JCmotors has it for like 40 more, i was thinking them instead. thanks man
i thought the site seemed a little sketch too. but they are a trusted vendor of rr.net so that was enough for me. there's no way this site wants to screw a bunch of its members into doing business with crooks. got it in the mail the other day. looks legit to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts