Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a Chatterbox XBi (which, by the way, ALSO sucks!) from these guys. I tried it out, and the volume (at max. volume for all components) for bluetoothing radio to headset (as advertised) was so low I couldn't hear it when riding (could barely hear it when wearing the the unit inside my house!).

I called the Chatterbox people and haggled with them for a week, and they said that there was nothing they could do. They said to return the unit to Motorcycle Superstore (MS) for a refund -- I did.

A week after they received it, I STILL hadn't gotten my refund, so I called MS, and they said that they had sent the unit back to the manufacturer, and that it would take up to EIGHT WEEKS to determine whether or not they were going to refund my money.

WTF?!?!?

Now they have my unit, my money, and my anger. I will NEVER deal with these scumbags again. THEY SUCK!!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
damn that really sucks man but i gotta say that ive bought from them many of times and they really do not suck ive never had any problems with them at all. thats why i dont buy electronics online without first trying them out personally at a store or something.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bought a couple of items from them before and never had an issue. But I also never had to deal with their customer service. Btw if you're still looking for a bluetooth set, I'd recommend SENA SMH10. Very loud while on local even with my Bell Vortex (a loud helmet), and still hear-able while at 65-80mph with music on. But I hope your problem gets resolved soon. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
That stinks to hold your money for that long. Whenever we have any Chatterbox issues we do a straight up exchange or refund and deal with Chatterbox ourselves.

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
That stinks to hold your money for that long. Whenever we have any Chatterbox issues we do a straight up exchange or refund and deal with Chatterbox ourselves.
That's why we love you man, in a viking kind of way of course...

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
scala rider q2 ftw!
we run scalas around here and i think they are they best by far
and the new one is set up for iphone WITH ipod controls
when I worked at cyclegear scala was the only unit that never got returned I never sold a chatterbox even if that is what they originally asked for

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the XBI and it was great and could hear everything well (besides at accelerations due to the exhaust sound) so it could have been a bad box (XBI2 however isn't nearly loud enough I owned two and had friends who had them wouldn't recommend) for the store I ordered a few things and ended up getting the wrong parts but sold the items to friends so didn't deal with the wrong store instead of being told I got what I ordered even if my receipt showed different then the item I got. That's why I prefer going to the store.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have bought from them recently, got my stuff. Except for one thing. They said my billing is different from shipping(so they had to investigate why it was like that), well the damn jacket was a gift...so I have to wait even more with a late gift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts