Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victory?s Isle of Man TT Racer Stolen From Brammo Headquarters: Electric bike raced by Lee Johnston at the Isle of Man has been stolen from the Brammo Company headquarters in Oregon.

Somebody made off with the Victory electric bike that took podium in IOM TT from Brammo's HQ in Oregon...

Motorcycle thefts are every rider's concern and reality. Chances are if yourself haven't been a victim, someone in your near riding circle has been. Well, the bars are raised with these latest scum taking a podium bike. This really smells like an inside job.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Those things are worth a fortune but your average thief wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to offloading something like that. I pray it won't end up broken for scrap...

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
I decided to stop worrying about theft many years ago. It used to drive me crazy. Now I carry full coverage insurance and don't park overnight in bad parts of town.

They will steal anything that isn't bolted down.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those things are worth a fortune but your average thief wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to offloading something like that. I pray it won't end up broken for scrap...
I can't imagine anybody would be willing to accept something like that. I mean, that thing is unique and very telling of its origin. If nothing else maybe it was done to score brownie points of thieveriness? In which case there's a good chance it'll be parted or dumped quickly.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Victory & mugen are miles ahead in terms of development on the TT zero machines. Although far fetched, industrial espionage does make for a cool plot, lol.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Great result! I wonder if the police there would dedicate their resources similarly for other stolen motorcycles :wink2:

Can't believe the guy was gonna break it up to sell for parts, It's not like there's a huge market for that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'd be surprised at how many people want weird stuff for their personal collection. Still not a huge market though. As for dedicating resources, we can only hope...

·
Registered
134 Posts
The key to thievery is to not steal things that are iconic if you plan to make money off of it... or.. uh so ive heard!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts