Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I hope this is a topic for the general discussion forum. If it's in the wrong spot (or you think it will get more traffic somewhere else) please move it.

So I work for a custom trailer company and I get to build an end of the year demo trailer for the website/promotions/to sell.

I was hoping to gather up some ideas from some other riders to help make this trailer kickass. :banger:

Maybe you've got a trailer and there's a feature or two you absolutely love, maybe you've looked at trailers before and seen a thing or two that would be a must have, or maybe just the opposite and you've seen/had bad experience with certain feature.

Thank you,

-Chad

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
What size are you going to build? Is it going to be a "motorcycle" trailer or an all purpose trailer? Will it be enclosed?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Not for everyone but I have an air tank mounted under the trailer that I use for air at the track, I can refill it from the air horn compressor under the truck if I need to or stop by an air station. I also have 12volt and 110v connections for the trailer so we can plug the trailer into the track to power up what we need. "some tracks limit amp draw but we have a power strip that shows the exact amps we are pulling" Sounds nice, I would love to get in this. I have so many ideas for our trailer but no time to do them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be enclosed and bike specific.

I'm thinking a 7 x 16 aluminum frame, but that is up for disussion as well. Would you rather have a one bike trailer or something to haul two. Either way, what is the best size you think/have you've had experience with?

Solar panels: Had not heard/thought of that, that will definitely be something I look into

Tripage: I'm definitely going to be throwing a 110V package into it with recepts and a converter/deep cycle battery to run fluorescent lights and such without having to plug into a 110 source.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just a random ideal to conserve space. I know most ppl bring roll on tool carts, but those take up alot of space and you have to strap down. Why not put a sub-floor (not sure if thats right wording), so you can lift up floor panels and you have storage for tools and random stuff. No more than like 2" deep. Just never see anyone really use all the space height wise so this would help get the best bang for space. It would only take some 2 x 4s and plywood.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I would suggest a backup camera pre-installed to watch your bikes while riding down the road. I got this idea from one of Tripage posts, installed and freakin love it! Its really nice being able to keep an eye on your stuff when you its in an enclosed trailer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would definitely need to haul at least 2 bikes. Most people around here catch rides if they don't have means themselves, or have a significant other who rides. Love all these ideas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts