Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive owned numerous bikes from street to enduro to motocross, and its really funny how when you own one certain make or model how someone else will down your bike. I recently sold my Harley, because I missed the performance of a sportbike. And when I rode with Harley riders, most of them downed sportbike riders, and some would not give the "brotherhood of riders" wave as they passed a sportbike. And now, alot of Harley riders dont give me the sign when I pass by. I give it to all, regardless. Also now that I ride a Sportbike again, I get some feedback from fellow Harley riders asking why would I get rid of my Harley for a sportbike. First and foremost I say, "Performance", all around the board, and secondly I have to ask them if they have ever ridden one, the majority says they have not. Its just odd to me, as long as Ive ridden, I havent scorned anyone for what they ride. Its all a matter of choice...to each his own. I cant say that I wont own another Harley down the line, but for now this bike is everything I wanted in a bike. To me its all about enjoying your ride, whatever It may be. Just my two pennys, maybe my dime.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ERICERR said:
Do you know you can tell if they are ridding a Harley or a japanese crouser? Its all on the wave!!
Do you mean how can I tell? If thats the question, I know bikes. When you have had a Harley, you know all the models, and can spot them from far away, not to mention the sound, and apparel that most wear.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I could never understand how Harley riders look down upon the non-Harley riders. It's about riding.. The guy's I ride with also say it's about riding not what you ride. I will still give everyone their hello's.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
very valid points made there. i used to ride a harley as well and i have never looked down on ANY other rider for what they were riding. as it was stated before: it all about the riding. i wave to other bikers regardless of what they are on or how they are dressed. riders should come together to see that they all have something in common - they enjoy life on two wheels.

ride safe everybody!! and have fun!! :cruising: :moped: :Fiddy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts