Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything trust anything from this at all? A 200+ hp honda race turn street bike weighing around 412 lb? I know that they photoshopped a rc212v quite badly for the picture (horrible front headlights), but is there any truth to it? If so, would anyone be brave enough to run it flat out on the streets? If true, it'd have razor sharp handling and 1000cc race power in a 600 weight body :O Of course I guess some people could just use it as a track bike and run it 70% throttle on the streets ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Honda has a history of V configuration sportbikes. It would not be hard at all for them to build such a thing if they wanted to. There was an RC211V with street headlights shown to the public years ago when the bike was initially released for racing back in 2002. That bike was not DOT ready it was just a pure racebike with headlights and solid red paint. I don't know if thats the pic motorcyclist has up but it did exist. Honda is Honda and they do what THEY want to do WHEN they want to do it. Considering that the blade is due for an overhaul and that the superbike platform has been around for a few years now one can speculate many different angles Honda could take. I'd personally like to see a new Blade and a new multi cylinder 800cc V configured bike to take on the rumoured ZX8R coming next year.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
It's also a picture of an rc212V in stead of the rc211v. Don't know if it's an april fool's joke or just more dumb media crap.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
notice thats the April issue....its an April fools joke
I don't think it is because they had an actual april fools section in the mag.

I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
no, its not a joke, and it was a shopped 212. what it was, was speculation, and they were honest that it was speculation. still with the Desmo RR and the constant rumors of this bike i wouldn't be surprised if it has truth to it. don't expect to be able to afford it though. ;)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
And another thing. It would weigh WAY less than 417 lbs. I think the RC211V weighs in at around 330. The Desmosedici RR weighs 363 lbs and I think that would be the target market Honda would be shooting for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts