Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a ton of research on the right racing suit for me. Looked at and tried on kushitani, rstaichi, dainese and alpinestars.
After driving literally all around the greater los angeles area trying on suits, decided on a last year alpinestars racing replica suit for an upcoming track day.
I called up Saturday and spoke to Mike about the suit. He said they had it "in stock" and would pack it up that day if I ordered it online. I did so looking forward to receiving it in the mail early that week. I got an email from joe on monday saying they sold the suit at motogp an hour before I bought it online.
This happened almost a month ago, so I have cooled down a bit.
I am just upset because I spoke to someone who told me it was in stock and would ship the same day, then to learn his explanation was he was just checking online but wouldn't inform me the suit was up at Laguna not in their shop.
They did offered to ship me the larger size suit to try on, but I knew it would be too small.
Just a little upset at vendors not caring about their customers, especially purchasing such a large ticket item.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I got mine from Disco at Cycle Sector. Love the suit, plus the price was unbeatable. I asked motostrano for a quote and they didn't do anything off the MSRP, which is ridiculous.

If you haven't already, contact Disco and he'll hook you up.

Check out my thread here: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=109921

·
Registered
28 Posts
ktomi

joe here, who you spoke with a month ago.

it's true, we had just one size left of that close-out Race Replica suit for $1498.00 for you to purchase at that time. it's also true, that we brought it in our inventory,along with nearly 100 other suits that we had at Laguna Seca MotoGP where we operate a booth every year. it is also true that the suit sold just hours before you ended up ordering it up online. caring or not, there's nothing that could have been done short of you calling down to our booth at motogp and reserving the suit for you, which would not have been possible. out of the 100 or so suits that we brought to moto gp that weekend, there's no telling what would make its way back to our store in Redwood City. that suit, unfortunately, did not.

you say you're upset about us as a vendor not caring about you as a customer. i don't see what this has to do with the fact that there was only one suit available at that really low price and some one purchased it before you did. it sucks, definitely, however, the suit sold- that's what we do, sell things.

were you interested in any alternatives at the time? i could have helped you on that.

in any event, i hope you were able to find a suit to suit your needs.

We still have some sizes left of that suit, by the way. Great price while they last!

joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My point about not caring for their customers stems from the fact that the person I spoke to over the phone told me he had the suit in stock and that was not the case. Maybe he was upset he got left behind in the shop and didnt get to go to Laguna, but he wouldn't be bothered by someone willing to spend $1600. My point is that he didn't care enought to tell me the suit might be up at Laguna, when I asked him if it was going to be shipped that day. I was told yeah, I have it "in the shop." I would be curios to hear his side of the phone conversation...
I'm sure you may have helped me out on another suit, but frankly after being disregarded as so, I didn't feel like asking.
Thank you for the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts