Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestion in moving my bike in front of my car. I have a 1 door garage and is very narrow, but its length is long enough to park my bike perpendicular to my car.

There is no way I can do a 100 point turn to get it in position where both my car and bike can fit in the garage. There is also parking block in my garage that makes parking the bike a bit difficult. Currently what I'm doing now is roll over rear tires over a tarp and slide the rear tire against the wall. What a pain in the butt. It's to the point were I don't want to ride cause it would take me 10minute to pull it out (pulling out my car and double parking near other people garage, moving the bike, and then reparking my car.)

I don't want to spend a grip of $$ on some devices I've seen internet. I came across this homepage and the solution looks promising.
http://home1.gte.net/res003ox/intruder/slide.htm

If you have a better solution or thoughts let me know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not enough room to do it. Like I said a 100 point turn can not get the bike in right. If the parking block wasn't there I wouldn't have an issue, but the home owner association said I can not remove it. I'll take picture of my garage when I get home.

L

·
0 Posts
park the cage outside. i piss off my wife making her park outside, but the garage is just for the bikes. :twisted:

·
Registered
351 Posts
luckydevil said:
park the cage outside. i piss off my wife making her park outside, but the garage is just for the bikes. :twisted:
yes do that, if a 100 point turn or a kickstand won't throw the bike into place nothing will, unless you get some type of crane to remove the roof and then move the bike... that is, if it's as tight as you say it is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to do the same thing in the winter when I wouldn't ride as much. I just pulled in and had the bike at an angle of about 45 degrees with the rear tire pointing outward. Then just lift the rear and push it against the wall... presto. I imagine it would get to be a pain in the ass if I had to do that at least twice a day so during dry months, the bike gets sole use of the spot.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
luckydevil said:
I'm with you on this. The bikes and my shop are in the garage. One day when I make more $ I'm going to have a 3 car garage and a shop in the basement.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Either spend the money, to get the parts that will park the bike you want it or suffer. I sounds pretty simple to me. There are things all over the web for this porblem but you wont spend the money.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'd say rotate the useage for the garage...if you know you want to ride your bike during the week, park the car outside. If you know you aren't going to use the bike, park it against the wall and bring your car inside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts