Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, has anyone moved the mirror location on their bike? It seems like i cant for the life of me get my mirrors adjusted the way i want them. My shoulders always seem to be in the way and i am having to lean to look directly behind me.

I was thinking of getting some flush mount plates for the stock mirrors and pick up some 1000rr mirrors with turn signals and mounting them below my handle bars. Does anyone think the plastic is too thin? I was going to reinforce it a bit from inside. Any problems with this?

Heres a pic to see the location im looking at.

G

·
The fairings there are too thin to firmly hold a mirror, but you will also run into clearance issues with the clip-ons and you wont be able to see past your knees.

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Easier solution buy bar end mirrors CRG , Rizoma offer quality mirrors

·
Registered
766 Posts
To look behind you easier try lifting your arm a little and using the mirror to look between your arm and your body. Much better.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think about this constantly. I think the mirrors were just designed around the smaller Asian frame and they still haven't realized it. I want mirrors on my handlebars but clearance issues are stopping me. I don't want them on the barend

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Or get the Rizoma like the ones i have

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not too huge of a fan of bar end though. They can be nice but i think they look out of place.

Thanks for the links Moemann. I do like the mirrors on your bike. How much did they set you back?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Moeman, do you get a lot of vibration? I have a friend that put some bar end mirrors on his Kawi and he says at 60mph he can't even tell if it's a car or a truck behind him. Then at any speed close or over 100mph they start to fold back. Is this all bar end, or did he pick a crappy brand?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Like the title says, has anyone moved the mirror location on their bike? It seems like i cant for the life of me get my mirrors adjusted the way i want them. My shoulders always seem to be in the way and i am having to lean to look directly behind me.

I was thinking of getting some flush mount plates for the stock mirrors and pick up some 1000rr mirrors with turn signals and mounting them below my handle bars. Does anyone think the plastic is too thin? I was going to reinforce it a bit from inside. Any problems with this?

Heres a pic to see the location im looking at.
as someone else said, the plastic there is in no way capable of holding a set of mirrors without some ridiculous reinforcement.

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Moeman, do you get a lot of vibration? I have a friend that put some bar end mirrors on his Kawi and he says at 60mph he can't even tell if it's a car or a truck behind him. Then at any speed close or over 100mph they start to fold back. Is this all bar end, or did he pick a crappy brand?
I do not have bar end mirrors so i do not know about the vibration factor
but for Miss O'Seven set up and my Rizoma's i get no vibration what so ever
and the viewing area is way larger than stock no need to move your elbows
at all to see what is behind you

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the links Moe man. I think after looking at the price ill just leave it stock. $200 per mirror isnt cheap.

I guess ill look into bar end.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Some nice mirrors wish they weren't so pricey i hate lifting my elbow to see behind

1 - 18 of 18 Posts