Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i just purchased a PCIII USB from an 03 CBR600RR. I have installed it with no problems to my 06 CBR600RR.

so 03 CBR600RR PCIII USB will fit all CBR600RR from 2003 to 2006.

Here is my problem. im trying to remove the current map which is a 03 map and install an 06 map for now until i can get the money for a dyno which will be a couple of months away. but when im try to send over my map to replace the current map i get an error msg saying something about map version not matching.

i think i need to update my firmware but could someone confirm this for me please.

i tried to do a firmware update with the power commander software but it wouldn't allow me. I'm current running firmware 1.0.0.18. i found some information on the web saying i need to get a multi fumigation hub to update the firmware, could someone also confirm that for me. i don't want to buy something just to update a firmware.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just went through this, you need to update the firmware with a 9v plugged into the back of the PC3. If you have any serious issues, their customer service is pretty good, give them a call.

Oh, also, you will need to put all the values in by hand. The change from 03-05/06 requires that you do this. Sorry mate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the battery ? i got mixed information, saying i need a programmer box to update the firmware as my one is too old.

so i can load up maps files from there website?? i need to load the maps on the software and input them in one by one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts