Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am about to ship my 04rr to Germany (free army moving ftw!) and for the life of me I can not find a service manual. I need to take all the fairings off. Drain the fuel and coolant. Is it really that big of a task? I know my way around Honda cars but RRs are a whole new beast lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would ride it till there is barely any gas then take the tank cover off and swing tank up straight stick a tube in it and siphon(spell check) it out the coolant is easy as well although I haven't done it myself, it is a very simple task...

p.s I ruined my moms garden hose and vacuum by siphoning it this way so use something you will only use once

·
Registered
227 Posts
Once you take the fairings off put all the bolts back in their proper location so you don't lose them. You'll also know where they go when you put the fairings back on. Be careful with the locking tabs on the front of the lower fairings and the upper ones that attach to the front of the nose. They're tough to unhook without breaking.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Man if all you have to do is take off the fairings and drain the coolant, you are golden. Just start looking for attachments and start unscrewing/unbolting from there. That is awesome they are shipping it for free, wish I could get in on that action!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I am going to start the process tomorrow. I am sad because it will take a month to get to Germany and I will be there May 5th :( Anybody else here located in Europe? The Europe forum is pretty dead lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey man make sure to write down your miles. I have a friend that shipped his bike from Germany to Ft. Lewis last year and his bike was a month late, missing screws, and had 7 extra miles on it. He had the army ship it too.

No one I know located near you, but I know there are quite a few of us located in the sandbox!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is why I am not draining the oil. I may just take the ECU out as well and carry it with me lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i got her torn apart. Pretty easy. Only problem was the fuel. A mouth full of 93 octane was horrible lol I cant wait to see the moves pack her up with no ECU. No joy riding for the lowest bidders!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks guys. I am going to start the process tomorrow. I am sad because it will take a month to get to Germany and I will be there May 5th :( Anybody else here located in Europe? The Europe forum is pretty dead lol
Just got to Stuttgart on Friday. Waiting on my bike to show up, should be here in a month or 2. Can't wait, well I can, since I don't want to pay for the insurance here.

Let me know if your close. Looking to hit up Sachsenring in July, interested?

-e

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will be in Baumholder on the May 5th. I am dying with my bike lol Shipped the bike and HHG on April 14th. How much is insurance? Sachsenring sounds good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts