Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that I could download free mp3 from. I am getting an mp3 player for my bike and dont have any music. If you have any ftp sites with music could you please share the address.

C

·
0 Posts
Sign up with the free napster service and do a search to find out how to unlock the files so they can e played and burned..

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
IRC chats are a great place for entire albums, haven't tried single songs, but i'm sure you could. I used to use WinMX, it was pretty decent not sure about now tho.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
so limewire has made a comeback? i used it for a while and the reliability went downhill for getting good songs. hopefully it's better now. been buying from itunes lately tho.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you are telling me that known of you know of any ftp sites to get mp3. I am behind a firewall and cannot use limewire ect.

·
Registered
541 Posts
BenReilly said:
IRC chats are a great place for entire albums, haven't tried single songs, but i'm sure you could. I used to use WinMX, it was pretty decent not sure about now tho.
Props to the IRC folk out there. It's amazing more people havn't cought on. I hate getting hacked off song after hacked off song in attempts to build a decent playlist.

I used to use WinMX for audio. You won't get your music quick, but you'll get your music. heh.

I realy don't try to promote people to the p2p filesharing progs that allow straight data files and such. You realy start getting bombed with stupid spyware n' viruses that way. Just my opinion anyway.

The only REAL GOOD way to share/steal music and is to get into a very healthy "WASTE" network with people that have similar tastes but if you don't know what waste is then it's probably not worth looking into. heh.

One last option I've started to thoroughly enjoy is streaming music. Shoutcast+winamp has SHATLOADS of streaming music channels with titles, band names, etc, the whole nine yards. Listen to streaming music during the day and rip it live at night. Lets you listen to a healthy variety of your fav music, no commercials, no annoying DJ's if ya don't want em, and it's about the most hastle free way to fall in love with your mp3 player. A+

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
jrdenney said:
So you are telling me that known of you know of any ftp sites to get mp3. I am behind a firewall and cannot use limewire ect.
I'm behind a firewall and use limewire. It works fine. MOst of the ftp mp3 sites arent around anymore. The ones that are left you have to have a l/p and will check your ip range to make sure it matches up. Irc has a good source of mp3s, you will just have to look.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How are you getting Limewire to work if you are behind a firewall. I have a firewall at work and can't get connected.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
jrdenney said:
How are you getting Limewire to work if you are behind a firewall. I have a firewall at work and can't get connected.
limeware by default uses ports i think in the 6000 range. Since you are at work they probably block those ports. i would change it to a common ports like port 21

1 - 13 of 13 Posts