Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Was wondering what you guys used for tunes? I tried using the FM radio on my scala but needless to say the results were nil at best lol.

·
Registered
763 Posts
If you want FM, you can get a 2-4gb Sansa off of eBay for under 20 bucks.

I use an ipod touch. Really wish it had FM transmissions so I could hear traffic/weather during commuting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I use my iPhone for radio and mp3's. I usually stream the local radio stations if I get tired of hearing my stuff.

For backup, I have a Garmin Nuvi with all my mp3's for when my iphone battery gets low.

·
Registered
227 Posts
How do you guys listen while riding? It's one more distraction you don't really need when riding on the street. Besides, you'd have to be listening quite loud to actually hear the music over the engine, exhaust, wind, etc.

·
Registered
793 Posts
It's all about focus and priority

How do you guys listen while riding? It's one more distraction you don't really need when riding on the street. Besides, you'd have to be listening quite loud to actually hear the music over the engine, exhaust, wind, etc.
I can "listen" to music and not be distracted but I've kept background music going for over 30 years so I don't get fixated on what I'm hearing. I don't normally listen to music on the bike when I'm in heavy traffic though, just in case.

As for the loudness it takes little more finess than just popping in a couple of earbuds and cranking the hell out of 'em. I use eytomic er6i's and I can run the volume at a nice 'normal' volume and still hear pretty much everything around me - at least as much as ever when wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
This reminds me of a time where there was a car accident and 2 out of the 3 lanes were closed. I weaved my way through and finally got to the scene where the police officer stopped me. He asked me to cut off my engine, and stood there talking to me for a good 2 minutes. I couldn't hear what he said and I couldn't turn off the damn mp3 player either, so I just looked at him and nod. I was hoping he wouldn't noticed my headphones. Finally, his lips stopped moving and gave me a serious look. I guess he was asking a question? I said, "Got it" and that seemed to do the trick. He signaled me to move forward. Jackpot!

Back on topic, I use Sony Walkman. Rated as the best sound quality out of all the mp3 players. Don't get the Sansa, you won't be able to hear sh*t.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ride listening to my mp3s from my Zune player. on shuffle offocurse

·
Registered
12 Posts
So how is playing music while riding any different then playing music in a car, never understood that listening to music while riding is a distraction but listening while driving a car is not. Just wondering.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I have been searching for a good MP3 player not that I am a fan boy or nothin but kinda leaning toward the Zune but definately not feeling the price tag but at the same time you really get a pretty good package for the price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i cant listen and ride. makes me to aggressive i used to do it on my dual sport and found my self locking up the rear a lot.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Whatever you use, make sure you get some earphones with the rubber surround that go into your ear. You can do some extreme hearing damage if you don't do so. The rubber surrounds block out a lot of the ambient outside noise so you can listen to your music at an appropriate level.

·
Registered
881 Posts
i cant listen and ride. makes me to aggressive i used to do it on my dual sport and found my self locking up the rear a lot.
i make the mistake of putting pantera on and i do some dumb things while out riding, lol.

i use the ipod shuffle. its has a big button so its easy to use, sound is great, and its so small and lil i dont notice it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts