Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I graduated the MSF BRC class this weekend. Ive been riding forever and know what Im doing, but I thought It couldnt hurt. I was able to take it for free because of my honda club membership.

My aunt and uncle are MSF instructors and my uncle needs to go through the class again because of the updated curicullum, so I will be taking the instructor class with him as well. You arent required to take the BRC class to become an instructor, but I thought it couldnt hurt.

I just wondered if there were any other MSF instructors out there?

Just curious.......

·
Registered
708 Posts
OMG someone from Fort Wayne Indiana hell might be freezing over. Now there are two members on here from Fort Wayne. I actually too the MSF course long ago in the Fort.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you live in Fort Wayne right now, or are you originally from Fort Wayne?

I live in the apartment complex just down from the Taco Bell on St Joe, where alot of the rockets meet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
crotch_rocket_pilot said:
You arent required to take the BRC class to become an instructor....
Where are you located? I know in Tennessee it is required to have a BRC cert within a year of starting an instructor cert.

By the way, I'm an instructor, and in Tennessee, it's not an issue of just deciding you want to take the course and taking it. You have to interview and be deemed a good candidate. How old are you? In some states I've been told that there is a age minimum. Once you get into the course, it's not easy. The riding portions must be basically perfect.

·
Registered
708 Posts
No I lived in Fort Wayne 4 years ago ad I used to ride out of that same taco bell near Pierre's. I was in the Fort last weekend I didn't even think about riding up there, but it was kind of cold up there and all. Maybe next summer I'll swing by the old taco bell. I live in Indy now.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I had a lot of good laughs with the instructors when I went through the course. They allowed me to do pretty much anything I wanted to a certain extent. When I went through the school they used 125's but they didn't have enough bikes for my class so they had a spare 250cc 2 stroke dirt bike int eh trailer they let me ride for the class. It was a good fun weekend.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I was trying not to laugh; but we did this second gear right turn exercise where you had to come through the turn between the lines and then come to a one foot stop then ride away. Well this kid and his mom were taking the course and already had their permits and were riding their new virago's to class. Well the mom goes through the turn and everything is looking okay and then she didn't stop and hit the fence at the end of the parking lot. Which was only about another 20 feet, but all the same the instructors were really concerned a bout the fact she was already riding on the street. I was trying desperately hard to contain myself from falling over in laughter.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I just completed the instructor class this weekend. I hadn't taken the BRC, but they included it in the Rider Coach Class. It was a long 7 days, but well worth it. Enjoy!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im almost 28, and you dont have to have the BRC...at least around here.

There is no interview, but for some classes the wash out rate can be quite high, ironically not because of the riding, but because of the book portions of the class. (lots of memorization!)

My Uncle who is a MSF instructor told me that the test you take at the end of BRC is pretty much the test they give you right off the bat at the beginning of the instructor course.

I think it would be fun to help other people learn about bikes, and hopefully save some people from doing some pretty stupid things in the process. I love this sport and would love to bring that enthusiasm to others. ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts