Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone again!! Thank you for the help with my other thread about the LEDs integrated but I have one more question.

I saw that the requirement for msf class is that I have to wear boots? What kind of waffle is this? I am speechless. It also said that it cannot be new boots?

What should I do? The course is 21st of March. Please any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anything that covers you ankles and you should be fine... If you have hiking boots that's be perfect. I took my MSF wearing my dad's old combat boots.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse to get some quality motorcycle boots. You will need them anyway. Just walk around in them some to break them in.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I used a set of desert combat boots for the course. Nice and airy & Comfy, but little protection other than a composite compound toe (similar to steel toe just not metal).

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a good excuse to get some quality motorcycle boots. You will need them anyway. Just walk around in them some to break them in.
Hell yeah!!!! I was sooo tempted to do this today but I talked myself out of it. But what is the point? I rather be more safe! I am going to do some track days in the future anyways so why not buy em now?

What brand do you have? I saw some sidi air ones (don't remember the name) in another forum thread, damn those things are sexy!!

Guys, I am doing the homework portion of the msf course and I wanted to know what all of you would answer to this question, is this in the reading or am I suppose to look at the picture of the three bikes: street, dual purpose, and off road motorcycles?:

Name the distinguishing characteristics of each of the 3 types?

Is this in the reading or am I suppose to look at the picture of the three bikes and identify what is different? The three types are street, dual purpose, and off road motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything that covers you ankles and you should be fine... If you have hiking boots that's be perfect. I took my MSF wearing my dad's old combat boots.
I used a set of desert combat boots for the course. Nice and airy & Comfy, but little protection other than a composite compound toe (similar to steel toe just not metal).
LOL combat boots. Good thinking!

Yeah I just wore steel toe boots that I had sitting around, but they literally fell apart the 2nd riding day. Then the teacher let me use a pair they had at the class
Damn, that is nice the teacher gives another pair to you guys. The paper said if I don't wear boots, they will kick me out lol.

You could but the crappy $20 at walmart for the class. I used old steel toe boots for the course.
I will check walmart out for sure!

A

·
0 Posts
combat boots are the **** for anything... i used to wear them all the time for yard work, hiking or anything like that.. hell i even dove(scuba dive) in them one day because i couldnt find my booties..... but sadley my last pair finally wore out, and i cant find a place that actually sells boots like that(quality ****).. everything is made in china.. and fall apart after a nice 15 mile hike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
PA MSF you need long sleeves, pants, full face helmet, gloves and boots that go over the ankle. Like others have said you can go get a cheap $20 pair of walmart boots.

Or use this as an excuse to get a pair of motorcycle boots. Nothing wrong with having some proper gear and you can get some boots that aren't bad by any means for around $80.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PA MSF you need long sleeves, pants, full face helmet, gloves and boots that go over the ankle. Like others have said you can go get a cheap $20 pair of walmart boots.

Or use this as an excuse to get a pair of motorcycle boots. Nothing wrong with having some proper gear and you can get some boots that aren't bad by any means for around $80.
Damnnnn that is so cheap $80?? What brand and tell me more about it, please?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It really depends on the kind of boot you want. For "awd-turbo"s post, Bates combat boots are fantastic. I wear them today for general duties, motorcycle riding and, coincidentally, for work. Good track-day boots: I wear TCX-SS Sport Racing Boots. They're actually pretty cheap, but they're one of the few manufacturers who provide size 14 boots without me dropping $400+. But, I've worn Teknic (uncomfortably, size problem) and Alpinestars. Just go to motorcycle-superstore.com or amazon.com, you'll find decent deals. You can also just see the wide variety of boots available and look up their reviews online.

Like everybody said, you can't substitute good footwear. It's paramount to being comfortable and safe. Good luck with the class. I found it fun (gotta love 250cc Honda Rebels!).

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It really depends on the kind of boot you want. For "awd-turbo"s post, Bates combat boots are fantastic. I wear them today for general duties, motorcycle riding and, coincidentally, for work. Good track-day boots: I wear TCX-SS Sport Racing Boots. They're actually pretty cheap, but they're one of the few manufacturers who provide size 14 boots without me dropping $400+. But, I've worn Teknic (uncomfortably, size problem) and Alpinestars. Just go to motorcycle-superstore.com or amazon.com, you'll find decent deals. You can also just see the wide variety of boots available and look up their reviews online.

Like everybody said, you can't substitute good footwear. It's paramount to being comfortable and safe. Good luck with the class. I found it fun (gotta love 250cc Honda Rebels!).
Wow, thank you for telling me about the TCX-SS Sport Racing Boots. I want to get these now!

Also again thank you I will need the luck lol! I can't wait to try out a smaller bike, I haven't tried a smaller bike than my bike hehe. Are the rebels the best thing to choose? I heard about enduros in the class or something?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I also rode the Rebel during my class haha it was fun :crackup:
LOL I did too, the instructor scrape the peg when he was giving us an example of countersteering. Its also fun when you take it with a bunch of friends or family. I've had my little brother in law and a friend take it with me.

+1 they require all that. At the Honda Rider Education Center they supplied the helmet,gloves, and boots if you don't have any. So you might want to check with the place your doing the class at, if they supply some of the stuff. But any high top shoe will do, as long as they cover your ankle will be fine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just get you some boots that cover your ankles..I used nike boots in my class. You might want to purchase a pair of motorcycle gloves because the pair that they have to give you are kinda rough and it would be wise to get a good pair that you plan on using for the season.

·
Registered
60 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts