Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this might seem like a strange question/post, but I will be taking the MSF class in the next month. I was wondering if you guys had any specific suggestions as to what I should pay strictest attention to, and anything to practice before/during the class.

One of my friends has kind of taught me, but I did not want to practice on his bike for like 4 hours while he just sat there.

I know (from riding with my friend) I need to work on shifting down, turning (parking lot wasn't that big), throttle control, and braking. Any tips on these? Should I practice these before I go to the class?

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
It's always wise to practice as much as possible, but I would wait off on that until after you take the course to prevent you from developing some bad habits. I say just do some light riding in a closed parking lot to feel more relaxed on a bike. That will make riding in the course less stressful to you since you wont be worrying about riding as much.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's always wise to practice as much as possible, but I would wait off on that until after you take the course to prevent you from developing some bad habits. I say just do some light riding in a closed parking lot to feel more relaxed on a bike. That will make riding in the course less stressful to you since you wont be worrying about riding as much.
+1

The MSF course is really great. They teach you absolutely EVERYTHING so there's no confusion. They even make someone push you on the bike before you get to start it. Kind of lame, but there's a method to the madness.

D

·
0 Posts
+1

The MSF course is really great. They teach you absolutely EVERYTHING so there's no confusion. They even make someone push you on the bike before you get to start it. Kind of lame, but there's a method to the madness.
In my class they made us push ourselves. Was hell on the testees.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
In my class they made us push ourselves. Was hell on the testees.

haha, same here. my class, only two ppl had never ridden before so they wanted nothing less than perfection. BUT during the actual exam they were definitely lenient in some parts (cept me, I got a perfect score, HA!).

honestly, you should just prepare ahead with gear (rain or shine), snacks and drinks (its physically demanding and you'll be very thirsty), get plenty of rest, pay attention, relax, and have fun... I know I did.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The class is cake, so don't get nervous. Just pay attention to detail and do exactly what they say and when they say to do it....

·
Registered
36 Posts
20 points is passing.. and it takes alot to get 20 pts taken off.. when u take the test, dont worry bout the small stuff. the person in my class who i though wouldnt pass, passed. and he was still stalling the bike during the exam. homie just couldnt follow directions yet he still passed.. but just pay attention, its a fun class..

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
I would practice as much as I could before the course if you have a 250 or something similar to ride til then; if not, just wait til the course. You wouldnt want to drop a buddies RR before the exam :) You will love the course though and just soak everything in that you can. I am getting ready to take the advanced course this spring and am actually really excited.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I used to ride w/o endorsement or anything in High School......on my old mans HD.
Cops are queer and like HD's I think.

Now that I have a real bike and less than 30 days left on my permit, I think I'll splurge on getting legal.

I thought I'd have to test on my bike, so I've been screwing around going slow and leaning the bike not me and what not.
That'll be fun on a 250

1 - 10 of 10 Posts