Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was riding home from work today and was at the intersection of Wilshire and 16th going towards Santa Monica for some grub. So I'm lane splitting to the front of the line and the light is green so I accelerate to beat the cars infront and claim a lane. But I should have realized they werent moving for a GOOD reason. So I'm getting to the first white pedestrian line when I see a pack of teenage wildabeasts stamping to the other side of the street on red. So I almost take out the tallest one and the shortest one. I did an unexpected stopie inbetween cars and almost tipped the bike.

So seconds after seeing them I remember to apply my front brake with 4 fingers and the rear with a slight force.

MSF baby.

After almost running them over all I could do to relieve the tension was to laugh. It was pretty funny because I caused the tallest girl to give out her best death scream. So the gist of the story is to take the MSF cuz you'll lean how to brake properly.

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
So seconds after seeing them I remember to apply my front brake with 4 fingers and the rear with a slight force.
I adjusted my brake lever so I can get the same stopping force with just 2 fingers. Good you didn't take out the kiddies though.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no. Not close. I would hit the little one.

Don't know why, but I find them more manageble. For instance you can grab them and throw them around a good while. The bigger ones are more hard to manage. You require all this consent and willingness.

Dang I sound like the guys from to catch a predator.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
Damn I always would do that, now I'm gonna think twice. Thanks for the heads up mang.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts