Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two months after I ordered a $130 light from iWin I finally recieved it. I modified my bike cut wires and hooked up the light. Flipped the key on.....nothing, light was dead. I talked to Jamison himself who attemped to help me wire the light so that it might be a wiring problem from the bike....no luck. Said also that maybe it was a shipping problem....doubtful. He then replied to me that he would send me a new light last week......no light. I sent and email to iWin moto......no response. So I finally got fed up with the wait and the overwelmed new business of iWin moto.

Quick history of my life I went to college for awhile on automotive electricity and electronics I also went to electronics I and II in high school I love the sh*t.lol That means that I can wire and run any diagnostic on your vehicles computer or simple install a head unit (radio).

Today I took apart the crudely made iWin moto integrated taillight to see what the problem was. Circuit board was recieving no power what so ever,(reason being was the it was made poorly, good concept, but poor). I ran a hot wire to the board and BOOM light came on. Only problem was the the "rush" made mini circuit board had pins that had solder on them but no solder to the board to connect the pins to complete the circuit needed. So I whipped out my soldering Iron and connect all the pins via solder, and checked others that may have accidently been solder together during the extreme rush to get the taillight out. Hooked the light up and wam bam thank you ma'am it worked.

Yes I am tooting my horn a bit. The moral to this post is don't lose quality over quantity. Keep the integrity of your product by putting the same time you would put into your first taillight even if it means losing customers or having to give money back. You'll only create more work for yourself in the long run if you send a sh*ty product to a customer.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
does this surprize anyone??

NICE WORK IZ'Y!

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Wow.

I paid so little for my f/e and I love it. I was sprung on that iwinmoto, but after reading some of the posts, I dont think ill ever put one on my bike.

In a world full of automated systems, and robots, customer service still sells.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The sad part folks is no one really cares once they get their funds
all you will hear is the word Next and that is really a shame

·
Registered
483 Posts
if i was in their shoes i would just limit the orders to what i could i supply in good quality in a month, let's say for example 10 lights. Then i would just make 10 lights for the first 10 people that pay that month, and so on. And instead of looking like a company who has serious customer care issues, i would look like a company who is creating a highly sought after item in very small numbers, i'd try and use the word exclusive and custom a lot :D.

In essence, it would be the difference of waiting 2 months with your money in your pocket and waiting 2 months with your money in the vendor's account.

·
Registered
156 Posts
wow. this is fascinating stuff. i would have never thought that there would be so much drama associated with a simple taillight.

and demented, when exactly did jamison call you a prick or whatever? i looked through the entire thread and couldn't find anything. just wondering.

D

·
0 Posts
wow. this is fascinating stuff. i would have never thought that there would be so much drama associated with a simple taillight.

and demented, when exactly did jamison call you a prick or whatever? i looked through the entire thread and couldn't find anything. just wondering.
He PM'd me chewing me out and telling me to delete my posts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts