Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roomate found this on his R1 forum. MTV "True Life" Episode "I am an Urban Street Bike Warrior". Gonna kick off May 10th 2004.

Great now we are going to get even more negative opinions of sportbikes. It started with BikerBoyz then Torque added fuel to the fire and I'm sure MTV will add more fuel to the fire.

-pharaoh

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
MTV is gonna have to show all the negative stuff, that's what gets ratings. No one wants to see some guy just putting down the street on his Busa, people want to see him doing 180+mph, or see guys doing wheelies on their gixxer 1k's.

Hopefully they show the stunt competitions, where it is all done in safe enviornments.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Who cares...people are gunna think negativly about sport bikes regardless of that TV show...or Biker Boyz or Tourqe...I'd like to meet the person who watches Too Fast Too Furious...or The Fast and the Furious...Biker Boyz, or Tourqe and thinks that that's how things are actually thrown down in real life...

I'm excited for it, it's supposed to be about Stunt Wars...and I think that they're just gunna follow around 3 or 5 stunt teams through out the competition. If I rember correctly.

I'm excited to watch it...there needs to be more of that stuff on TV.

·
Registered
341 Posts
On stuntlife.com they were talking about this. It is a few stunt groups that are getting ready for competition, and they just film them preparing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh my goodness.

I got out of the "import scene" because I wanted to find a more mature and responsible hobby...and this?

I guess you can't escape yellow journalism. *sigh* :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
if its anything like "true life" im a street racer its probably gonna suck..... but will watch to see..... will be interesting to find out.

·
Registered
172 Posts
our local stunt group....DMExtreme...will be on that show. They are hyping it up, but dont know how much air time they are actually getting.

·
Registered
922 Posts
matt89 said:
well, atleast we'll get to see some good stunts done by professionals! :bounce:
As opposed to jokers wearing t-sirts jeans and then a helmet? Ah well at least he wasn't wearing flip flops too. :lol2:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I think it should be good and it shouldn't have to much of a negative impact I doubt MTV would air anything Illegal such as street racing or street stuntin. But then again they did show Janets Titty!

·
Registered
937 Posts
didn't the do a life of a street racer a couple years ago. They followed a couple guys around that were racing their cars for money.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cbrsexrr said:
I think it should be good and it shouldn't have to much of a negative impact I doubt MTV would air anything Illegal such as street racing or street stuntin. But then again they did show Janets Titty!
As others said, thet aired a story about these kids who street raced their import for cash. I think it was "True Life, I'm a street racer". <---something like that.

I just remember the kid lost the race and f-ed up his car real bad.

-pharaoh

·
Registered
937 Posts
The folk in corp. America have one thing on their minds... $$$

MTV is known to bring different views to the table, some contriversal, even illegal. But they do so in a "news" related sence. In other words, they are reporting, rather than promoting.

They will show illegal stuff, squids, crashes and hot chicks. Their idea is of course ratings, and selling advertising spots (dont be supprised if you see a commercial for honda or yamaha). But, one thing they do well, and i give credit where credit is due, they make the dangerous and illegal scenes seem dangerous and illegal. They dont make them seem fun and exciting.

Just like in Biker Boyz when Smoke scolded some kid for thinking about riding away without a helmet, it's an indirect good thing.

·
Registered
544 Posts
:Flamethrower: there goes everything this forum stands for!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts