Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, finally I managed to get a quick vid of the Mugen Slip-On. It's short because my neighbour poked her head out the door just as I was revving it at just about 9000RPMs and I'm a bit shaky with the camera. Yes, I was playing with it just before this, too, which is what got her a bit crusty. I'll try to get one later when I go out with my buddies, but I have no idea when that'll be now. It's basically a relatively quiet exhaust and fairly smooth-sounding. Here's a link to the vid and a pic:

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/FrostyMilky/?action=view&current=MOV01420.flv

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g...nt=MOV01436.flv

·
Registered
736 Posts
to much money for mugen omg how did you pay for that? robbery maybe? is your bike japanese spec? if not are you having any problems with fitment of the japanese exhaust the us bike? just wondering. i shipped my yosh from states because i was worried about that. looks good thought

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the bike's J-spec and the exhaust ran me about US$750 with installation, which wasn't much more than the other options here. US/European exhausts won't pass shaken (has to be under 94dB since 2003 I think) and I can't be bothered dealing with that later. No idea about Motegi - Sept 6? I'm off to England/Italy for the summer so I may be able to hit the Czech Republic for the August GP.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,781 Posts
wow that slip-on's huge especially the core & it's still not loud? i think my slip-on would pass the standards set by the Japanese even if i don't install the silencer cone inside the muffler.

btw your Mugen is much more expensive than mine but i wouldn't mind getting one b'coz i know i won't see many of them used around here. JDM RULES!!!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The warp field is distorting the picture! OK... I admit... it is slightly off. I didn't notice when I left the dealer and first saw it when I got home with the bike (a couple of weeks ago). I'll have to go in and have a chat with them soon anyway and will ask then.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,781 Posts
you're right it's tilted clockwise a bit, i see the muffler mounts a little differently than the usual, is it supported from the sides?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I like it, sweet little JDM perphinalia, I personally like the sound of my Akra CF slip on.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
"is your bike japanese spec? if not are you having any problems with fitment of the japanese exhaust the us bike? just wondering. i shipped my yosh from states because i was worried about that. looks good thought"
ARE YOU ON DRUGS? Hahaha You think Honda make 11ty different bikes for every country" If you like it, just get it. it'll be fine. LOL

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
doooood! you got MOOOOO-GEN?! that is hawtttttt. madd jdm y0. FTW! haha i was in love with mugen parts til i crashed my $1000+ bumper into the guardrail and it shattered everywhere. nice soundclip btw, don't be scared of ur neighbors, show 'em whose boss

·
Registered
736 Posts
the japanese have different emisions standards.there for slightly different exhausts. when i purchased my bike the dealer said if it tried to put on a japanese exhaust i would have some fitment issues because the pipe for the j bikes is one inch shorter from the header. just havent seen it just wondering so i can go get a moriwaki hahahaha

Birdman said:
"is your bike japanese spec? if not are you having any problems with fitment of the japanese exhaust the us bike? just wondering. i shipped my yosh from states because i was worried about that. looks good thought"
ARE YOU ON DRUGS? Hahaha You think Honda make 11ty different bikes for every country" If you like it, just get it. it'll be fine. LOL

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
No idea about the exact specs; I only bought it for the look, to lighten up the bike a little and to make it louder without causing myself hearing problems. It only comes in this finish and only as a slip-on

1 - 20 of 37 Posts