Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why everybody lowsides at that left sweeper on mulholland drive. I must have watched twenty vids of people eating it on that corner. Do any of you guys ride there? Its like there's fuel/oil residue on the line or maybe bad road texture? Maybe they are just squids? Anyways just thought i'd throw that one out there? :ciao:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looks like a decreasing radius, off camber/up hill turn. I have never once seen a 'random' crash, it's always been because of poor body position or target fixation.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just wondering why everybody lowsides at that left sweeper on mulholland drive. I must have watched twenty vids of people eating it on that corner. Do any of you guys ride there? Its like there's fuel/oil residue on the line or maybe bad road texture? Maybe they are just squids? Anyways just thought i'd throw that one out there? :ciao:
I suggest you learn what the definition of a squid is first before you throw it around loosely trying to sound cool.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
that guy had poor body positioning. I'd say most of those crashes are due to rider error. sometimes I do see stones and gravel on the sides, but it doesn't seem like that's the problem in most of rnickymouse's videos.

·
Registered
991 Posts
In the video above it looks like he was on the paint stripe which might have contributed to it. But poor body positioning is a big one. I see tons of people just trying to put their knee down but sitting up straight.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I suggest you learn what the definition of a squid is first before you throw it around loosely trying to sound cool.

squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid

:fyou::fyou::fyou::fyou::fyou::fyou::fyou:

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid squid

:fyou::fyou::fyou::fyou::fyou::fyou::fyou:

hahahahahah, you'll do just fine here,

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its funny you posted this the other day I lost an hour of my day just watching the same set of Mullholland videos. At least all the people there are geared up that road seems pretty rugged

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,287 Posts
some probably get distracted by the camera ppl... :ponder: wana look cooler and loose focus, maybe... i cought myself looking at the camera there once or twice :retard:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah it's pretty classic how he sets camera up there just waiting for squids... (ah...oops.. I mean people) to belly up. Thanks from all the aboves analysis of the scenarios... good tips for watchin throttle, body/bike situation and road conditions. Cheers! Rob

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.