Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering Everyone else's opinion on this whole idea. So far One 2 of my friends refuse to listen to music while they ride. Whilst I (may be dumb for this?) wear my headphones. I do it so I enjoy the ride. and to eliminate the wind noise. I hate ear plugs. Im actually thinking about buying a bluetooth for my helmet!

So Im wondering What everyone else's opinion was on this matter...

I'd like to see a lot of people take interest in this, to me it seems like a heated question

·
Registered
426 Posts
I honestly love listening to music.It doesn't completely drown out the outside noise which is good.It's nice listening to one of my favorite artists while doing my favorite thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
At first I was sketch cause I feel I need to give full attention to the road, my riding, and other drivers. But I decided to throw in 1 ear bud so I could use one ear to listen to road noise/the bike/honking etc, but also enjoy some tunes. And I love it! :)

...***meandmyrr***...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear what you guys are saying. I also agree with mr rager. it doesn't completely drown out everything. I find myself concentrating more listening to music. The reason i brought this up is because I broke on of my headphones off, and was unable to listen to music riding home from work. On the freeway I found myself distracted trying to find a good angle to lean/tilt my head so the wind noise wasn't so loud.

I wear an Icon Alliance Harbringer (2011) size large helmet

·
Registered
17 Posts
No music when I ride. No music when I run, either. Riding is almost like running without the pain. I enjoy getting out and enjoying the my surroundings. Music is fine, but only in the car.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate running Im a fat ass lol... I Love my music. It keeps me in tune. Like i was saying Without my music I was all over the place mentally

·
Registered
197 Posts
Even though it can be quite dangerous, I prefer listening to music over the stock exhaust...until I get the two bros haha

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
273 Posts
I always have my ear phones in. I can still hear everything else except when someone asks for directions lol

Sent from my MB611 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha I agree with everyone here. also how does the scala work? i've heard good I've heard bad. I would like to get a bluetooth or some sort of speaker system, cause i've ripped ears off of two pairs of headphones already. and most headphones wont stay in my ear. also I have a stock exhaust and I can still hear it over my music even when its at full blast!

Everyone here has given me great feed back i appreciate everyone's opinion and the way they ride. we all may ride differently but we all ride the same

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I opt to ride without music, because you really do want to be able to tell what is going on around you; I think it takes away some of your vigilance. Music is a stimulus, you should limit stimuli if you want to focus on what you are doing 100%. If a car skids or something and is headed at you and you are too busy headbanging (mentally) to Thunderstruck, you will end up Fenderstruck.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I agree with what your saying. As I Have also said, I THINK that the music makes myself focus more. I dont mentally headbang haha. I Can hear over the music. I leave it low enough. when i ride without it, i find myself being distracted and aggitated at the wind noise, whistling when i turn my head to look behind me. I was riding tonight without music, and I believe I Might start doing that lol. But i would miss my music </3

1 - 20 of 131 Posts