Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I am curious as to how you guys listen to music while riding? I am not going to do it all the time, but on long drives on the interstate I think it would be pretty nice to have some music to listen to..

I want to just buy an iPod shuffle, but I would have nowhere to put it - I have a suit that I wear with NO pockets and I don't have a backpack I could use (yet) - is there anyway to mount it to my helmet? Also, is there anyway I can get the speakers inside my helmet like with the chatterbox? Will the iPod work properly with the slight vibration that occurs while riding?

What are my other options to listen to mp3's while riding besides the iPod that may already come with a helmet mount?

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
I listen to my ipod sometimes while i ride. Its nice and gets you pumped. Just dont keep it too loud to drown out emergency vehicals. Ipod does not skip at all.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I use the shuffle, and normally put it in my inner pocket, but you can always use the neck loop and keep it around your neck inside your suit. I've actually been doing that lately b/c my pockets are deep and it tends to get buttons pushed from the tank. I used the small Sony wrap around your ear type headphones. Put them on your ears, then helmet. I've also used the stock earbuds. I have an Arai, so I took the cheek pads out, pulled the fabric from the padding, and stuck them into the padding facing my ear, then fabric back on, pads back in, then wrapped the wire around the bottom cut out of the helmet where only the solid wire came out the left side of the helmet to my pocket. Ipod earbuds hardly get loud enough to hear, the Sony's are plenty loud.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
shuffle or nano are perfect no moving parts vibration doesnt bother them. with a shuffle , hang it around your neck on the string that comes with it it weight like 1 gram ok maybe 10 or 11, but it is super light. i use sony noise cancelling plugs, they help reduce the volume from wind noise but not the sound of vehicles, the engine etc... music can definitly help but choose your playlist carefully hahahahha

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Ipod with the wireless RF remote u can get off Ebay for like 40$, i mounted the romote on my triples and keep the ipod on a belt or in a pack, makes life very easy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i just put mine in the pads of my helmets i think that it will work pretty well. In the agv they are mounted right next to my ear cannal just in side the padding wrap so they wont fall out. on my shoei rf-1000 there is a space in the padding for your ears to go and they run up through and behind the pads and then kinda hang in that space. its not as good as the agv but it will work.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I listen to my ipod all the time while riding. I just plug it in my chatterbox. As far as your pocket problem goes, its the reason why I wont wear a full suit. I cant stand not having pockets... Got to have them for ipod, cell phone, smokes, lighter, wallet, sunglasses, earplug holder, papers and the list goes on... I have lots of gear and I wear the stuff thats cumfy and practical. ipod + chatterbox rocks!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Oh yeah, I have the 40GB ipod photo and Ive gone thru 2 of them and on my third in less than a years time. Apple replaced all of them free, but Im not sure the ipod hard drive can handle the vibrations of a motorcycle. I ride a little over 12K a year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yea if ya dont want to spend as much money on an ipod just pick up like a rio...i got one off ebay for like 20 bucks...sure it only holds like 60 songs....but thats a pretty long ride so i figured for the 280 dollars im saving by not buying an ipod i can change my songs up a little bit....haha

·
Registered
153 Posts
i just got a pair of shure e2c headphones and they are great. i listen when i take rides with a group out of the city. i strap my ipod to my arm with a store bought exercise strap.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i have 3 15" JL Audio's powered by a Rockford Fosgate amplifier on my subframe, with a touch screen dvd/cd/mps/ipod under my windscreen

·
Registered
520 Posts
hahahahaha ^

i use a 1gb mp3 player, and i put it on continous shuffle. mostly house, 80's, R&B, some rap and a few alternative. its awesome when your going past cages, im not condoning speeding, i only go like 10-20 mph over the limit in the freeway. oh, i put it in my left pocket so i can pull the cord whenever i need to just in case. volume is high enough so i cant hear myself think... haha, but thats just me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
has anyone else lost an ipod due to motorcycle vibration? Mine crashed a couple weeks ago but I just thought it was old and just died. I only took it for a couple hundred miles . . .

·
Registered
539 Posts
busyboy21 said:
can you guys even hear the music? With the slip-on, I find that I have to blast the thing to really hear anything with those earphones.
I can hear.. but its very faint... I have to turn it up all the way with the stock ipod headphones. And Ive got the stock exhaust

1 - 20 of 26 Posts