Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up mx vs atv reflex on PS3 the other day. The game is really good. There is a demo for it in the playstation store. Handling physics are good and also the game play. You tear up the dirt and track through out the race so the conditions are constantly changing which is pretty damn cool. The physics took a little to get used to be they are set up good. The left stick controls your handle bars and the right stick controls body movement. making you have to use each one differently for each turn and section of track. There is also some mountain type terrain and lots of other racing other that some motocross. I recommend it if you looking for some kind of off road racing game :thumbup:.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
i agree...totally addicted
love how there is everything! hill climbs supercross freestyle outdoor races...everything
the constantly changing terrrain and track is a phenomenal effect adn the physics are pro in my opinion

thumbs up! lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't have it yet either but my brother does. This game is awesome and I will definitely be getting it. It is definitely geared towards actual mx racers, I think it will be to hard for guys that don't ride. I think the best part is playing online, everyone hates quads just like in real life. Every time I have seen someone pick a quad everyone else yells at him then leaves the race. haha :banger:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
i agree the vehicles blow but the mx is sick
it was developed by actual mx riders so its top of the line in feel and realism
seriously...mx fanatics its a must have

the full control of bike and rider is a crazy but awesome concept
takes a while to get used to how touchy it is but with some time this will be a high repeat game

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I have to agree about it being the best mx/atv game. I've never been a fan of these games because of all of them being so arcade like jumping over mountains and ridiculous stuff like that. I only race sim style games and this one is pretty realistic. The vehicles do kinda suck, but it is a mx/atv game and I think they just threw in the trucks and buggies just to have a more in depth game. I race some online but need to get more done in the career because of racing on tracks online that I haven't even unlocked yet. I'm into the outdoor national races. I'm not good enough at the supercross to race online. I'm on PSN if anybody want's to race online sometime. My user name is same as up here but without the space, MadRR.

·
BOTM Winner 11/13
2,327 Posts
i finished the game not that long ago and i must agree with everyone the best mx/atv game out. was really hard at first to get used to the physics especially in sharp turns because it would whip the bike completely around. but now im like 30secs ahead of everyone each race going to have to step up the level of difficulty from normal.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i finished the game not that long ago and i must agree with everyone the best mx/atv game out. was really hard at first to get used to the physics especially in sharp turns because it would whip the bike completely around. but now im like 30secs ahead of everyone each race going to have to step up the level of difficulty from normal.
I still got right much more left to do in the career mode. I need to work on it. I've been mostly playing online. I've been playing on pro difficultly and now I can win by 8+ seconds on the bike and about 15+ secs with the trucks. I need to bump it up too. Try racing online some. Real people are a lot harder than computer racers haha :crackup:! I normally finish around 5th place out of 10-14 online. I've got to where now I can challenge for a podium, but even when I can get 2nd I'm still like 10-12 secs. slower than the leader. There are some fast guys online just like in any other racing game.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
yea i went online with it after beating the career in easy mode lol...got my ass handed to me lol
few places from last :p
ill need to work on it but my rental was up...should probably just go buy it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts