Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought it bone stock (except for ugly grips) like this on February 7 with 4k miles, never down... $5,000.

There was still snow on the ground so I started taking it apart right away.

Here's a list of what I did:
- My version of the PAIR mod
- PVC 1/6 throttle [didn't have enough slack in stock cables] --> HRC throttle kit remedied that for about $128 more than the PVC cost
- Semi-hacked ram air tunnel
- Blew out the air filter
- Yoshimura RS-5 that I cut 1.5" of the pipe and shortened the springs. I wrapped the pipe with black exhaust wrap and coated with Thermo-tec paint. I had the springs and hanger bracket powder coated.
- Hotbodies flush turns
- Ebay plate bracket that I had to bend the hell out of and re-powder
- Ebay LED turn signals to mount on plate bracket
- Ebay LED mirrors
- LED blinker relay to fix blink rate
- 03-06 integrated tail light
- Powder coated all silver parts
- Custom white fairing set from Auctmarts
- Painted back of stock windscreen
- Silver/black/clear CBR tank protector
- Progrip 699 gel grips
- Removed swingarm stickers except for UNITPRO-LINK
- T-Rex Racing no-cut frame sliders (damn these brackets are beefy) and swingarm spools

Here's some pics:

I started with my version of the PAIR mod. I used the reed valves to create negative pressure in the crankcase. Just like the evac setup I run on my drag car. I used a 1/2" barbed 'T' fitting, 1/2" barbed coupler, and a few hose clamps. I used the stock crankcase breather hose and PAIR hoses... and didn't cut any of them. :cool:

Then I took all the silver parts off and headed to powder coating.

Wired the plate light and blinkers with insulated spade connectors for easy removal.

I also wired the integrated tail with the stock plugs so the tail can be removed easily. [forgot to take pic]

6 week wait...

·
Registered
399 Posts
bike looks great man how did the fairings fit looks like they went well

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
bike looks great man how did the fairings fit looks like they went well
Auctmarts fairing review:

PRICE:
$509 shipped to my door

OPTIONS:
- They will do anything you want if you send pictures of it.

DELIVERY:
6 weeks

PAINT:
- a few minor defects like top corner of windscreen where there is no white, but clear.
- a couple of fisheyes
- a couple of scratches that polished out
- clearcoat over all stickers
- overall I'd give it a B+.

FITMENT:
- Black abs pieces were sub-par. I used all the stock Honda flat black pieces except one on each mid/upper fairing because their screw holes were "off" the factory black pieces [their black pieces worked fine here].
- I had to drill a few holes and razor blade a few tab slots.
- I can't get the upper fairings to stay clipped into the front fairing. I have to figure something out there.
- overall I'd give it a B.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- First of all, China is 12 hours ahead of EST, so they're sleeping when we're awake and vice versa.
- They would not repair or replace defective paintwork after my request.
- They offered me $50 or a set of junk adjustable levers.
- I said I wanted $100 if they wouldn't repair or replace.
- They offered me $70.
- I said I wanted $100 and was tired of bargaining.
- They offered me $80.
- I said give me $80 and the smoked windscreen that you forgot to send.
- They agreed.
- I'd rate their English a B+.
- I'd rate their conflict resolution a C.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice bike!

Two questions, are your OEM fairings for sale, and how did you do that tail-light conversion?! It looks AWSOME!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nice bike!

Two questions, are your OEM fairings for sale, and how did you do that tail-light conversion?! It looks AWSOME!!
I was thinking about keeping the OEM fairings and having the mids and lowers painted factory orange. But if I got a good offer, I might sell them.

As for the tail light, it takes some work.

1) I cut top front corner off to get it to slide in far enough and for the seat to fit. I cut about about 1/2" back on the top edge and 1/4" down. Basically I cut as far as I could without hitting the circuit board. I just put foil-backed sealing tape over the hole I made.
2) I cut down the top front corner of the seat tab so that it goes on easier.
3) If you cut the right amount off of the end of the undertray and use a sticky foam strip on the front side of the light, you don't even need mounting brackets for it. That terd is snug.
4) Wiring is simple once you figure out which wires do what on the new integrated light. I soldered and heatshrunk everything using the factory connectors to make removing the tail easy.
5) I used an LED blinker relay to slow the rate to stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
can you post pics of the pipe man?? bike looks great, I'm looking to do some powder coating as well.

·
RED KONICA MINOLTA
49 Posts
The bike lookin good.... Also you can beat that price you got it for either.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Nice bike!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts