Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked her up yesterday and she sat till this morning. Found a nice road on the reservation where I proceeded with her initial break-in. She is so comfortable it isn't funny. What a perfect piece of machinery. Gonna do oil change, forgot to purchase filter and oil before I came home yesterday. Was running too many errands and lost track of time... plus I was excited..lol.:biggrin:

Anyhow, the weather is beautiful today. Going to scrub in the tires after oil change, dial the suspension in. She is so freaking sexy, I am so in love. :eek:hyeah:

The 900 & 600 Side by Side

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Enjoy man, great color choice.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hehe... thank you. I absolutely love the color too!

I was hoping I could capture the effect when the light hits it. The flake in the paint really pops, freaking love it! :eek:hyeah:

Looking to take advantage of this gorgeous weather we are having. She only has the initial 20 miles that I have put on her. So much to do still. Going to be a great weekend! :cruising:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet

I got that same tank protector, except in red for my red 09
Ya, out of the ones I've seen, that one really goes well with the bike. Wife couldn't stop talking about it...lol. Had to tell her to look at the rest of the bike...lol

@Chris1091:

I do something similar to the mototune method. Dad has been doing it for years till he got out of the automotive biz.

Check out 3:20 in the video:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Congrats. They do look nice, in that color.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
220 Posts
i have the same exact bike with the same tank pad u might want to get a little wider tank pad because the one u have u might find that on the sids of it it will wear the ferring over tha tank fairly quick nice bike man

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Ya, out of the ones I've seen, that one really goes well with the bike. Wife couldn't stop talking about it...lol. Had to tell her to look at the rest of the bike...lol

@Chris1091:

I do something similar to the mototune method. Dad has been doing it for years till he got out of the automotive biz.

Check out 3:20 in the video:

Peace,

Gabe
Gabe, what a beautiful machine! I haven't really noticed the green and black....but it is gorgeous!

What is even more gorgeous is the video! I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing, I already put it in my favorites on youtube!

How is the Arizona weather right now?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OMG bro! Freaking absolutely stellar weather. Light breeze, on account we had high winds yesterday. Nice and warm, clear skies. One of the reasons I love being in AZ compared to Houston, TX... though I still love/miss H-Town.

Almost jumped into the pool, though that was out of frustration with the oil filter and lower fairing that I posted about in another thread...lol.

You are welcome for the video. :shakehand

@brandon4256:

I will get some up of the 900 soon. I gotta swap out the shark skin streets with the race fairing. Still unpainted though. I was going to do a flat black/glossy black tribal look for her and just can't shake how much I love the orange tribal scheme too, so after I get the corbin seat re-vinyled I will work on that.

I need to change the fork oil, brake fluid, tires, get wheels painted black, new rotors and stainless brake lines (Kevlar are crap)... so she is a bit of a work in progress for now.

So I will look for some old pics and update post when I can. :thumbup:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, a little background on the 900. Bought her from a friend/former road racer. Bike has a lot of work done, though you will clearly notice the nice dent on the tank...lol. It wasn't me, seriously. :lol:

That occured in turn 6 of TWS on a raining day. Serious error in judgement on his part and he acknowledge that. Why the pipe is scratched is when the bike was loaded into truck after the lowside, they laid the back on the other side in the truck. He was highly pissed, though unable to focus due to broken collar bone...lol.

Here are some old pics:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts