Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my bike it ran for a couple of seconds then died twice. Then it took for ever to crank. It ran fine on my way home. Then this morning it did it again it today. I need help!

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Wow thats very odd. I would say your going to have to give a bit more info than that for people to help you with ideas. The fact that its starting and then killing could be alot of things really. Bad that its and 09 and thats happening, is it still under warrenty I would bring that bike back ti the dealer you got it from if it were me. Have you dropped it or damaged it in anyway?

D

·
0 Posts
Does the FI light flash any codes? Does the engine just die but the dash and lights stay on? Done any recent mods to the bike?

Chadandy, what the hell is a warrenty?

·
Registered
882 Posts
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:
Does the FI light flash any codes? Does the engine just die but the dash and lights stay on? Done any recent mods to the bike?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No lights , no recent mods, no recent drops, I had just filled it up so I know its not low on gas. It just kept turning over , I started giving it gas and it eventually fired up. I do have the extended warranty and will be taking it to the dealership tommorrow.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How would I check for water in gas?

D

·
0 Posts
Well, you could syphon the gas out, or lift the tank, disconnect the fuel line, and let the fuel pump drain the fuel into a clear container and let the fuel rest to see if any water or foreign liquid separates from the fuel.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
mine did that back when it was cold out side. like 30 degrees out. fired right up and then died on me. i cranked and cranked it over until the battery went dead and them i finally got it fired up. it hasnt done it since.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
octane cheats

It may be bad gas. There have been issues with stations using lower octane gas than is listed. Did you get gas at a mom and pops type station or a well known corporate own station? I have a store close to my house that I never get gas at. The lower octanes are fine but when I put the high test in the bike or Mustang they run like crap.

D

·
0 Posts
It may be bad gas. There have been issues with stations using lower octane gas than is listed. Did you get gas at a mom and pops type station or a well known corporate own station? I have a store close to my house that I never get gas at. The lower octanes are fine but when I put the high test in the bike or Mustang they run like crap.
Some gas stations have also been caught watering down gas lately because of the oil spill.

D

·
0 Posts
Does it ever hesitate to crank or power up? If so, the battery should be fine.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Does it ever hesitate to crank or power up? If so, the battery should be fine.
i disagree, my bike cranked over every time for 2 years. one day i stop at a gas station and turn the bike off to fuel up,then turn it back on, nothing, completely dead. so there is a chance it might be the battery. so dont count it out .

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
My bad "warranty" smart ass LOL. If the bike is less than a year old with that issue my ass is bringing it to the dealership for them to figure out. Outside of the year well S.O.L.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Nah if it were a battery issue it would not start at all IMO. If there is enough juice in the battery to start the engine thats all you really need once the bike is on battery does not do a heck of alot.

could this possibly be a battery problem, gentlemen?

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
I hear ya, I just can't believe that would actually be going on if they could prove that was actually going on huge lawsuit. Thats why I am saying maybe at a ma and pa place off the radar but any major gas station highly doubtfull. Where did you hear/read this? You had to have gotten that from somewhere if you said it. I don't care if you say news, radio, paper whatever but making it up if you did, why?

If I paid attention to "news" in this country, I'd link you.

D

·
0 Posts
I hear ya, I just can't believe that would actually be going on if they could prove that was actually going on huge lawsuit. Thats why I am saying maybe at a ma and pa place off the radar but any major gas station highly doubtfull. Where did you hear/read this? You had to have gotten that from somewhere if you said it. I don't care if you say news, radio, paper whatever but making it up if you did, why?
There's been an abnormally high amount of cars coming into my shop with water in the gas. Could just also be an abnormally high amount of ethanol, since that does absorb moisture.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts