Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a pro photographer and I had some time this morning to finally squeeze in a shoot of my baby (Katy Perry). so here are my favorites.

Edit: Higher Resolution Photos.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

Reactions: jonasty

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's bad is that the name started out as a joke...and it stuck. I can't call it anything else anymore because i spent so much time "jokingly" calling her that lol.

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
That is a tease man just 2 pictures and they are not even showing the whole bike

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
what's bad is that the name started out as a joke...and it stuck. I can't call it anything else anymore because i spent so much time "jokingly" calling her that lol.

:crackup:

Beautiful bike though. If I could get another sport bike, the 2013 Repsol would be it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they were uploaded by my phone so the app downsized the images. they were shot with a Sony A99 50mm f1.4 and one flash, using a 30 second exposure time and firing the single flash 15-25 times, a technique known as "light painting"

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I always wanted to do this but use multiple (thinking probably 4) flashes with separate controllers.

Same exposure time but alternate 2 flashes in the front of the bike and 2 flashes at the rear. Each flash being in a corner of the frame angled center.

I haven't been able to experiment with it, but I was hoping each of the flashes would reflect a different surface and give an all around shiny result.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
That is a tease man just 2 pictures and they are not even showing the whole bike
And these must have been taken at 2am..

More Pics

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I always wanted to do this but use multiple (thinking probably 4) flashes with separate controllers.

Same exposure time but alternate 2 flashes in the front of the bike and 2 flashes at the rear. Each flash being in a corner of the frame angled center.

I haven't been able to experiment with it, but I was hoping each of the flashes would reflect a different surface and give an all around shiny result.
I tried something similar to that, but it lit up too much of the surrounding area for the look I was going for. with the long exposure and being able to walk/run around the bike and light exactly what I wanted to within those 30 seconds I think it gave the photo a little more of a dramatic feel. You should try it though. you may really like it and I think in a more open area it would look sick.

·
BOTM Winner 2/13
359 Posts
Good looking bike, upload some higher res photos!

Reactions: shinfo

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are the high resolution pictures.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts