Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just thought I'd share some pics of my winter project. I think it turned out pretty great, I can't wait to get it on the track!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
nice!!! what tail did you use if you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The body work is 2013 600rr hotbodies, mostly. The tail is a custom subframe with a 2014 HRC 1000rr tail made by motocarbons. The same company that makes the body work for Ten Kate. I saw the tail on their bikes last year and fell in love, so I had to get one.

The list of mods is pretty long, I'm hoping to make it a Motoamerica round and a Canadian Superbike round this year, so it is legal for their 600 Superstock and Pro Sportbike classes with a couple adaptations (stock wheels back on for example). The bike weighs in at 337lbs ready to ride with enough fuel for a local 11 lap race and puts down about 120whp. I managed to fire a connecting rod through the block last year, so my search for more and more HP kinda ended. It could have more but meh. I rebuilt the motor, made a few tweaks to the cam and ignition timing to keep things safe and give me nice smooth power. I think it worked. The dyno graph looks nice and I'll have a chance to ride it this weekend and see what the bum dyno says.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
yea that tail looks sick, i had installed a 1krr subframe on my 09 600rr just for the 2012 tail. but this looks super clean i wish they came like that stock

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Is it paint or a vinyl wrap?

I also have the 1000RR subframe, I'm trying to hang it by the top mounts instead of the bottom so I don't raise the seat height so much. It has proven to be interesting.

Do you have any pictures of the custom tubing for your exhaust after the headers meet? Did the fabricators use a pre-existing piece or did they just tack in a bunch of angles?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That exhaust is a snazzy piece of equipment, Josh Herrin could tell you about it. It is a Graves Works Moto2 exhaust. I think they might still sell them. Full system weighed 6.5lbs. It has seen some ****, survived three pretty good wrecks. I'm hoping I can keep in semi mint like this all year.

It is a vinyl wrap I did myself. All the colors are satin finish. I saw a bunch of Motogp bikes with satin finish and fell in love.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Gorgeous! I love the yellow. I kind of get excited easily by the high vis color :surprise:
Love the pic with the blue tint too!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OH, another question: What did you do about the fuel tank hinge mounting?
The hinge is part of the subframe. I have the subframe mounted on the inside of the frame rails rather than the outside like a normal 07+ 600rr. I had to pound a little dent in the bottom on the tank, nothing crazy.

Bike looks awesome!! Is the exhaust just a rigid mount or is there a bracket behind that you cant see?
The exhaust mounts under the frame like a normal 600rr exhaust and with a bracket on the right rear set.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts