Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First assignment for my Intermediate Photography class - shoot something close up at varying angles with varying apertures and shutter speeds.

This is what I got, along with a couple other prints I haven't finished yet.

Contrast and clarity are much better on the print, Steve's scanner has a tendency to slightly blur clarity and wash color and contrast out.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Nice work. Tricky getting exposure just right with high-contrast images!

I'm having flashbacks to zone system discussions back in college days. :razz:

I'm assuming you're doing the processing yourself. What film and what paper do you like?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HEHE thanks guys...

Dave - I've been using Ilford HP-5 film and Ilford RC paper. Love both. Kodak film is pretty good too, but I stick with Ilford paper. Yup, doing all aspects of processing myself. I would love to build a darkroom at my parents house, but it's a bit expensive...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yeah I love Ilford paper too...I was always partial to the FB line. Used Ilford HP5 film a few times too, but most of my experience was with Kodak Tmax 100.

I miss my Contax G2 rangefinder camera system. I shot most of my B&W with it, and the images that thing produced was incredibly sharp -- almost medium-format quality.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bet you didn't read the aforementioned fact that Steve's scanner washes pictures out. I assure you, the contrast on the print is perfectly fine.

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
i'm no photog, but i noticed some really good light in the office yesterday, had my dog with me, and happened to get in her new "doggles" for riding in my convertible (she has blue eyes, so she needed protection from the wind/sun).

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jezterr said:
Schwing said:
Bet you didn't read the aforementioned fact that Steve's scanner washes pictures out. I assure you, the contrast on the print is perfectly fine.
bet you i totally missed that line. bet you i feel like a total asshat.

bet you i'm sorry.

... i don't even gamble...
Hehe, it's all good! Not a bettin man huh?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Simonster, that has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts