Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

My Audi Led mod

3K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  HighlyFavored0420 
#1 ·
Ok, so after seeing it I had to do it. It is becoming quite the popular mod but I havent seen it anywhere on a bike around here so I wanted to be the first one in my area to do it. Plus I didnt want any of the other CBR`s I ride with to beat me to it.
Here are a few pics. It is pouring rain out other wise I would have found a better background to shoot the pics. There is 2 switches, 1 that turns the Leds on, and the other that kills power to the Hids. This way I still have the factory high/low beam switch, or I can ride around with just the LEDs on.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, I was happy i managed to figure it out on my own, never took apart headlights before, I was happy I didnt crack them.

#6 ·
Thank you.

#7 ·
good work!

#8 ·
Excellent work, impressive, I want that!

When I see stuff like that I think 2 things.

1. Honda needs to hire more people that have ideas like yourself.

2. That should be OEM along with some other neat things some members have come up with in this forum.

#16 ·
It would work on any bike that you can take apart the headlight to fit the strips into. The hardest part is being patient and having to take alot of the plastics apart to get the headlights out and such. And then the patience to wait for nice weather to ride the bike.In terms of a detailed how to, Im not very good at explaining things, im sure the other guys could give a better write up.

#15 ·
It is crazy how many people have done this mod already, I normally dont like to follow but I could not resist. I was just at my local Honda dealer picking up honda spray polish and there were 2 other 07 600rr`s there. They both claim they never seen it as well as people in the dealership seemed impressed. I cant wait for nice weather to see if I can see when its dark using these, or if they will be more for parking lot use. Either way im happy its clean and the switches are out of the way. Thanks for all the kind words guys.

#19 ·
:pimp:Yea, where did you get the strips? That looks soo good...:pimp:

#22 ·
I just need a writeup on the LEDs switch. It seems everyone is connecting it to the 3rd eye, but I want to make sure the switch doesn't turn off the 3rd eye as well. Thanks in advance.

The LEDs are from oznium, and iSteveO has an awesome writeup for 03-06.

Looks good man

#25 ·
Have you ever done a write up? I found it pretty difficult to do a good one and it`s also a lot of work. In my case i wasn`t sure if everybody shout do it, like did as well, because you probably would have some problemes.

I don`t think, that they don`t do a write up, because they want to keep a secret ;)

#26 ·
Have you ever done a write up? I found it pretty difficult to do a good one and it`s also a lot of work. In my case i wasn`t sure if everybody shout do it, like did as well, because you probably would have some problemes.

I don`t think, that they don`t do a write up, because they want to keep a secret ;)
Yes, I've written multiple write-ups (mainly for unix OSes), and I understand it can take some time.

I also understand that you or others might not exactly think the way they accomplished something was the best way to go about it, but you could mention that in the tutorial and it's up to whomever reads it to make an educated choice as to whether they think it's smart to follow your instructions or not. Also, they may just take pieces of your information and others to come up with their own ways. It shouldn't be a factor in letting people know how to accomplish something.

As to your last point, I would surely hope people aren't holding back on a tutorial because they want to keep it secret. We're all 600rr riders, and it's not like we're all neighbors. It would be pretty lame to keep something to your chest like that.

I really hope the op or someone else steps up and writes something up on this.

#27 ·
Doing this is very easy, basically take the front headlight/ Fairings apart, remove the headlights. Use a hair dryer or heat gun to seperate the lenses. Once that is done, you insert the LED strips into the headlight, use a Clear silicone high temp adhesive. Takes a while to dry but holds well and looks clean. The wiring is somewhat more difficult. Im not great with elctrical but I printed a picture of the wiring diagram from my online manual and had my older brother assist in wiring the way I wanted it. Im sure Tripage would assist in explaining how to do the wiring. I have mine setup so that I can run the bike with the headlights off completely. Leds on by them selves, or both leds and lights. I still have the ability to use the factory hi/low switch on the bars, so I think that the switch I installed essentially just cuts power to the factory switch, so positive/negative and ground off the fuse box. And the second switch is positive/ negative and ground from the battery straight off the battery. The led strips have in line resistors so no additional resistors were needed. I am not very mechanically inclined, but I am sure anyone who takes there time and pays attention to how the fairings come off and the headlights come out will have no problems whatsoever.

#28 ·
Thanks man. I appreciate you taking the time. I hadn't thought about running it straight from the battery. I kept thinking I had to run it it off the 3rd eye.

#30 ·
this led thing is like a band wagon...everybody is on it!!! reminds of the "projector" phase we went through back in 03-04 :)

later

#33 ·
Just put a switch between the source (wire coming from third eye in your case) and the lights on the positive side. Where you put your switch determines everything, this of wires as electicity pipes, and switches as valves that let it flow, then its common sense. And you always switch the positive side...

As for everyone asking for write ups SEARCH!!!! there have been like three in the 07-08 forum alone...

#34 ·
HighVoltageRR can do it for you as well as install a sweet projector setup...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.