Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike back yesterday! YAHOOIE! For those on here that don't know 13 days ago my clutch started slipping on my 05 at 2725 miles in every gear! Honda told me Friday after having my bike for a 7 days (I guess phone calls to Japan take that long) the only way they would cover under warranty is if they tear it down and find a bolt loose or something. After he tells me the chances of that happening are slim (he emphasized this twice) then he tells me it'll be $410 to do it. I go pick up the bike and take it to DMC fast bikes in Boaz,AL. (Props to this guy) last Friday. He calls me yesterday and tells me the clutch is fine it just needed adjusted at the top and bottom a little. Wow I can't believe there's honest mechanics out there. He was only gonna charge me $250 and could've easily adjusted it and said he replaced it but as it is he only charged me $20.
I feel better about the quality of my bike and I don't feel like a total moron that didn't know what he was doing now. Well almost..... I guess I could've been born a mechanic.:icon_lol: Doubt I coulda been as honest as this guy though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts