Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't been on the track since last november at Road Atlanta so I was having a wicked time. My buddy rode his Kawi EJ650 in novice and was killing it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have yet to do a track day and not for sure at almost 34 years old I'm going to when I get another bike, but I have a few friends from <GASP> the local Suzuki shop that do track days at Little Talladega (I have went and watched them there) and they also did a trackday a month or so back while I was recovering from my wreck, I dont know if they went this past weekend or not.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silveRRocket said:
I have yet to do a track day and not for sure at almost 34 years old I'm going to when I get another bike, but I have a few friends from <GASP> the local Suzuki shop that do track days at Little Talladega (I have went and watched them there) and they also did a trackday a month or so back while I was recovering from my wreck, I dont know if they went this past weekend or not.
34? dude, I (25) was learning a ton from a guy this past weekend who had to be at least 55. I hear you on the wreck though - recovery takes longer and longer. There were guys in the advanced group in their 60's still hauling ass and passing me. The great thing about STT (sport bike tracktime) is that their novice groups runs as fast or slow as you want it to and no matter how long you've been riding, you'll still learn a ton. I haven't run Talladega but I hear its fun.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
cyclescientific said:
34? dude, I (25) was learning a ton from a guy this past weekend who had to be at least 55. I hear you on the wreck though - recovery takes longer and longer. There were guys in the advanced group in their 60's still hauling ass and passing me. The great thing about STT (sport bike tracktime) is that their novice groups runs as fast or slow as you want it to and no matter how long you've been riding, you'll still learn a ton. I haven't run Talladega but I hear its fun.
Yeah, I go and watch them at Little Talladega and I see older guys there, I'll probably end up doing a track day whenever I get another bike. As far as little Talladega, it looks fun but not as fun as Barber, Litttle Tally is flat, real curvy but flat.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
silveRRocket said:
going on 39 here, i"ll be doing my 2nd trackday at Fontana...just go for it and do it man...its a blast

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
silveRRocket said:
My WERA racing instructor said he started racing at 33, nows hes in the AMA and a pro racer. Check him out at scottmoto.com 34 isnt too late :p

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
sweet its simple but still a nice paint job (almost to stock 05ish for a tracker)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dethfat said:
house of kolor?
The black is appliance epoxy paint (rattle can). I found it to be REALLY durable and it goes on thick so it covers minor flaws. The yellow is just standard industrial yellow rattle can and the red is pin stripping from autozone. I've painted the thing so many bloody times that I didn't want a scheme that would be too much work to fix when I crash.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BrowningBuck said:
sweet its simple but still a nice paint job (almost to stock 05ish for a tracker)
thanks man - I'm not personally into the crazy multi colour schemes. I think they're cool...just not for me. plus I was able to repair the crash scratches in an all of 5 minutes when I got home - shake, spray, done.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Knightslugger said:
so what's with the little peices of blue tape?
the fiberglass took a little bit of a beating and I wasn't sure if the cracks might spread. I threw it on there in hopes of catching less grief when I had to re-tech the bike. When I got home I just smeared a little 5min epoxy over the upper crack and all was fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts