Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm riding my bike and it just dies one me and ill try to start it bak up but it won't start. I have to wait a few minutes and then it will start back up.. can anyone help me with this thanks

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
what is the mileage on the bike and what kind of upgrades do you have ?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Does this situation occur any time or only when the bike is hot ?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
No when its cold only and its only happend like 3 times in the past 3 weeks
When this happened where you at the same gear , same speed
ie an identical situation during all 3 times that this happened ?
At what RPMS does the bike idle ? may be its too low

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea the rest of the time it works fine.. last time it dies on me I had to give some throttle so it start. And nah no tiene miedo lol that was funny

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea right around the same speed all 3 times right before going into 2nd gear and I would be goin around 20 or 25mph and it idles right under 1000 when its cold

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
So when I wash my bike and hose it down could it be possible that water gets in my tank that way?

LOL............ Could be.

Just depends on where you spray the water, and how high pressure....etc.

Some guys hose their bike all the time, with no issues.

But, that's a good possibility.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea that's how I've always washed my bike and never had this problem, I wash it with the garden hose and I wash down the hole bike..but now I'm trippin out and ****. Lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dirty air filter. Although I think that would make it run bad all the time.
Damn that could be it.ill check it out when I get home later on today..cus I don't knw when was the last time that got changed cus I bought the bike used and I sure haven't changed it yet.

D

·
0 Posts
What maintenance has been done to the bike? Have you done anything to the bike recently; take stuff off?

It's not going to be a problem with contaminated fuel or a dirty air filter. You would have problems all the time, just just randomly over the past 3 weeks.

D

·
0 Posts
Check that the ground connections on the batter and frame are tight and that the kickstand switch is firmly plugged in. Might not be a bad idea to go over the entire bike and perform routine maintenance that should have been done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea that idea sounds good ill won't be on it this week so ill have one of the local shops take a look at it..thanks..so u think it would have anything to do with the oil or me washing it right..lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts